Anand - Topalov Website Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anand - Topalov Website Down

---- Can anyone refer me to another website brodcasting the games live?
    This seems to be becoming quite common with major chess events.

Re: Anand - Topalov Website Down

Try ChessBomb >>>> http://livechess.chessdom.com/site/

Comment

Anand 0 Topalov 1

30 moves and 28 minutes used by Anand. Looks like he played like a complete rookie; forgot to develop his pieces. Perhaps he was thrown by Topalovs request (which was granted) that neither player speak to each other for the entire match. For more details on this request see the article in the Ottawa Citizen (front section) today; it should be on their website...
      Last edited by Paul Beckwith; Saturday, 24th April, 2010, 05:19 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

LOL, I dont think he played like a rookie, more like a speculative sac by a courageous topalov, its not like he could have developed anything after nxf6
        Shameless self-promotion on display here
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Well Anand was exhausted there... Bd7 was clearly the right way to go instead of Kf7??. That is kind of rookie play... panicking and making terrible moves in front of attacks. Honestly I do not even know the purpose of Kf7, is it to go to the centre? The centre isn't safe at all. Going to the h-file with Rh8? That still doesn't make sense as white could play Rh3 and make black connect rooks before Rh8, and Rh7+ is a possibility. Overall, it's a very disappointing game for Anand.

Comment

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
            LOL, I dont think he played like a rookie, more like a speculative sac by a courageous topalov, its not like he could have developed anything after nxf6
            That's not a defense I'd want to be playing against someone who knows what he's doing. I dropped it some years ago after someone gave me a good lesson.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
            X