Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blitz rule

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
    Looks like player B wins. The rest is post game analysis.

It can just as easily be argued that had he seen the mate faster and moved, his flag might not have fallen. By player A's argument he could pick up some piece and hold it for 10 minutes before he decides to put it on a square and allow the game to end.
    When I was a lil tyke, I was in some blitz playoff, and as I picked up a piece, my opponent called flag. The TD was all, "He gets to finish his move first," so I was thinking all, "Whaaaat. Why?" Then I realised there must have been a mate on the board. Took me like a minute to find it (back off, I was hella lil). If I were my opponent, I would have been thoroughly perturbed. However, I was me, so I did not protest.
    Last edited by Ben Daswani; Sunday, 16th May, 2010, 10:28 PM. Reason: nobody likes an unruly typo
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Re: Blitz rule

Ben,

I alluded to this exact scenario well before you had posted this message...

If it was not your intention to deliver checkmate at the time that the flag was called, then IMHO the TD made a bad call. Once your opponent announced that your flag fell, the TD should not not have given you the luxury of taking time to find the checkmate.

Take care, Jordan
      Last edited by Jordan S. Berson; Monday, 17th May, 2010, 06:47 PM.
      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Working...
      X