Reminder of CFC's annual general meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder of CFC's annual general meeting

A reminder to all CFC governors (incoming & outgoing) of the AGM being held at the Canadian Open,

CHESS FEDERATION OF CANADA
    ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
    Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, Queen's Quay (between Yonge and York Sts. )
    Toronto
    Room - Dockside 8 - Basement
    Monday July 12th & Tuesday July 13th
    10:00am - 4:00pm

The meeting is open to all CFC members and the public. So if you are playing in this years’ Canadian Open, why not drop by the AGM. If you have questions, comments, suggestions or complaints, we would like to hear from you.

A few comments:

Outgoing governors meeting is Monday. There are numerous motions to be voted on as explained in GL5. Proxy forms are available in GL5 for those not attending.

Incoming governors meeting is Tuesday. All provincial associations should advice CFC secretary Lyle Craver of their list of incoming governors. After roll call, first order of business is election of officers. Proxy forms are available in GL5 for those not attending. Note: proxy form is the last page of GL5 and has a misprint. It says “member of the Outgoing Assembly of Governors”, it should read “member of the Incoming Assembly of Governors”.

AGM are always more productive with a good turnout. If you can’t attend in person, please fill out your proxy form. If you have a friend attending the meeting, give them your proxy. You can put whatever instruction you wish on the proxy form. Email the completed proxy form to your friend, and advise Lyle Craver who has your proxy.

You should refrain from sending in a blank proxy, to be assigned to whomever. This is your vote, we want to know what you think.

See you all at the meeting! :)

For debate of the issues, you could visit "the other board"!

Re: Reminder of CFC's annual general meeting

Two SIX HOUR LONG meetings?? I can't think of a comparable organization that would have an AGM this long. Reminds me of that old saying (I think it's called Parkinson's Law or something like that...) "work expands to fill up the time allotted to it". Not exactly a good way to attract the chess public. I'm curious what the agenda is though...

Comment

Re: Reminder of CFC's annual general meeting

Ken - The agenda is in GL#5 at the CFC Web Site.

Lots to talk about...

Comment

Working...
      X