Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Rybka 4 - Worth it?

Thoughts?...
    Last edited by Matthew Scott; Thursday, 15th July, 2010, 12:03 PM.

Re: Deep Rybka 4 - Worth it?

Deep Rybka 4: Better then deep rybka 3 because it has a stronger positional knowledge along with a great tactical knowledge so i mean it basically worth it.

D.

Comment

Originally posted by Drakr Lalonde View Post
      Deep Rybka 4: Better then deep rybka 3 because it has a stronger positional knowledge along with a great tactical knowledge so i mean it basically worth it.

D.
      Aquarium or w/ Fritz 12 for a GUI?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Scott View Post
        Thoughts?...
        There will always be (slightly) improving chess engines; I find Fritz 7 still finds more than I often do!

Save your money and buy a couple of really good books... (Larry, jump in here anytime at all)
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I bought it with Aquarium since I already had the Fritz 12 interface and Chessbase wasn't providing any extension to my premium Chessbase.com membership for buying through them.

Having tried the Aquarium interface I must say I prefer the Fritz 12 interface. Deep Rybka 4 works well this the Fritz 12 interface.

It is very strong - doing a thorough comparison is difficult as it uses all 4 of my cpu's processors and generates a lot of heat. Seems better than Firebird 1.2 (a supposed Rybka knock-off) and my single-processor Fritz 12.

If cost is important I would go with the free Firebird 1.2.

Dave

Comment

Re : Deep Rybka 4 - Worth it?

Stockfish is very strong too, if you want a free engine. I bought Fritz 11, and I later realized that when I was making them play once against each other, Stockfish was almost always winning!

You can download it here for free http://www.stockfishchess.com/

But it is only the engine, you need to have an interface, and the one that comes with Fritz is the best in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X