Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excellent Canadian Open, Spoiled

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    If you wanted the money that much, you should have taken a minimum wage job in a donut shop. You would have had more money after nine days than you are embarassing yourself over. You also would have had access to free donuts.

Obligatory Homer Simpson OPR "...mmmm, donuts!"
    Amen, brother.
    i rep back 3+

Comment

Originally posted by Keith MacKinnon View Post
      First off, I would like to say that my opponent did not have 3 minutes left. In the final position, he had one and a half hours to my fifteen or so minutes. I tried hard to win but believed that he had set up a fortress. He seemed to know the technique to draw and did not make a mistake during my attempts to win the game once we had reached the Q vs. R+P ending.
      Secondly, are you inferring that I deliberately failed to convert this ending? I would have won $260 more had I done so... Where's the logic in that?
      Hi Keith:

I presume you intended your post as a reply to Ed Zator. But in case there is any confusion, in no way was I endorsing Mr. Zator's complaint, just quibbling with Jonathan a bit about the 50-move issue. White's position certainly looked fortress-like to me. And you tried to crack it for 38 moves. I can see why Hal Bond turned his back on the complaint.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
        Now we find out that the complainant (s) had the clock times wrong.
        There's one thing missing in this thread,
        and it needs to come from EZ.
        Agreed. And it does not appear to be forthcoming.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Me View Post
          Amen, brother.
          Though I suppose I should have spelled it doughnuts. :)

Comment

Re : Re: Excellent Canadian Open, Spoiled

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
            If you wanted the money that much, you should have taken a minimum wage job in a donut shop. You would have had more money after nine days than you are embarassing yourself over. You also would have had access to free donuts.

Obligatory Homer Simpson OPR "...mmmm, donuts!"
            Disgusting how people can act like vultures and gang up on a defenseless individual that has already been beaten up without mercy by ten other bullies. Who is the next courageous one in line to teach Ed Zator another lesson ? Kevin Me, you can return for a third serving and a tasty sucker punch if you like.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Excellent Canadian Open, Spoiled

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
              Disgusting how people can act like vultures and gang up on a defenseless individual that has already been beaten up without mercy by ten other bullies. Who is the next courageous one in line to teach Ed Zator another lesson ? Kevin Me, you can return for a third serving and a tasty sucker punch if you like.
              Jean,

I love your newsletter.

If you think that this is being beaten up then you should watch what happens in downtown Windsor on a Saturday night on a fairly regular basis.

I believe the Russians have a word that sounds something like neculturny which very much applies to Ed's outburst. You are not doing Ed nor yourself any favours by encouraging him to play this line out as it has been refuted.

If you really want to do the tokeman thing then you should probably start calling us predator sadists and sprinkle in some references to the hive mind and throw in an OPR or two that only the cool people and the predator sadists will understand.

"Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy, she'll beat you if she's able.
              You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet.
              Now it seems to me some fine things have been laid upon your table,
              But you only want the one that you can't get."
              — Eagles

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Excellent Canadian Open, Spoiled

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
                Defenceless? The original post was offensive and it turned out to be merit-less. At the very least, Ed Zator should apologize to Keith MacKinnon. A reader would have to be brainless to miss the implication made against KM. An apology would put EZ ahead of one of those bullies.

Comment

Jean,

Mr. Zator decided to conjure up a peremptory accusation, which he posted on Chesstalk to be considered by the community. I believe my post contained some very relevant arguments, undiscovered by previous posts.

The accused party is also a very good friend of mine.

If I accused a family member or close friend of yours of fraud and you had sufficient reason to believe the accused party was not guilty, I sure hope you'd spring to their defense.

He's my bro dawg. U feel?

Don't worry man, I love trolling this forum too.

Oh, and...

Can you bash on all the nice people that posted after me? If I'm the eleventh, I can't wait to see what kind of nasty tongue lashing Nic or Lucas might receive. But keep it G please. My mom's watching over my back.
                  Last edited by Kevin Me; Monday, 19th July, 2010, 01:38 AM. Reason: poor mathematical skills
                  i rep back 3+

Comment

Originally posted by Keith MacKinnon View Post
                    First off, I would like to say that my opponent did not have 3 minutes left. In the final position, he had one and a half hours to my fifteen or so minutes. I tried hard to win but believed that he had set up a fortress. He seemed to know the technique to draw and did not make a mistake during my attempts to win the game once we had reached the Q vs. R+P ending.
                    Secondly, are you inferring that I deliberately failed to convert this ending? I would have won $260 more had I done so... Where's the logic in that?
                    Actually, I was not making any such inference or accusation.

Now that you've brought it up though, I point out in the wake of Anand's becoming World Champion, and huge earnings from sponsors, chess bribes in India have simply gone through the roof, way out of proportion to actual prize funds.

That is relevant here, since Bharat is visiting from India.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Zator View Post

Now that you've brought it up though, I point out in the wake of Anand's becoming World Champion, and huge earnings from sponsors, chess bribes in India have simply gone through the roof, way out of proportion to actual prize funds.

i do not reckon someone named "zator" is in a position to be making racist comments about others O:
                      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Hi Ed;

Not sure from your post but was the R+P player with the 3 Minutes left?

They called your name out at the awards so you did win a prize but not sure how much as they did not announce values.

Comment

Endgame

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
                          Actually, that position is lost. After the best move 1.Kb4-c5, Black mates in 45. Tablebase.

But that isn't the point. Black tried to win but didn't find it. Perfectly reasonable.
                          As you have already analyzed it: was there a shorter win early?

How "easy" or "obvious" is a tablebase line?
                          Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Monday, 19th July, 2010, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Zator View Post

lol. Ed just doesn't give up.
                            i rep back 3+

Comment

I would've turned my back on you too if I was Hal.

Comment

User CP
                                Edit Ignore List
                                type in the multiply-offending name
                                Click OK (maybe twice)

I'm on a bit of an Ignore List LOLL. Added one yesterday and one this morning for a grand total of four. So easy, yet so satisfying.

Comment

Working...
                                X