X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canadian Open memories

Originally posted by Robert Song View Post
    Hi Egidijus,

Thank you so much for the reply and the link. It helps so much.

By the way, could you please let me know or give me the source about how the first FIDE rating can be got, or what is the condition of that? I heard of you have to play at least 3 tournaments and each of them faced at least 3 FIDE rated players, and got at least 0.5 points in any of these tournaments. Is it the case?

Thank you
    An unrated player has to get 1 point and play at least 3 games in their first ratable tournament. You then need to get games in other tournaments, no points required. When you have 9 games, they will be combined and rated. If your rating is above 1200 it will be published.

Michael Song drew Lawrence Day and Alan Greg, lost to Alex Betaneli and Tanraj S. Sohal, 1-3 -- a ratable result.
    5 more games required to get a published rating.

Comment

Hi Ed;
      There was no appeal (maybe not even a complaint?) so there was no reason to engage the Appeals Committee which was struck prior to the first round of the tournament.

Changing the pairings to keep players in the same section in the last round would violate the swiss pairing rules and could favour a high socrer who was due for a tougher game.

Posting all the pivotal games scores? Never heard of that - it sounds like a tall order and a can of worms. We are all humans, capable of errors. A prize changing blunder may be nothing more than that.

Thanks for your kind words and I am glad you enjoyed the tournament.

Comment

The tournament was rated:
        http://ratings.fide.com/tournament_r...?event16=49379

Comment

Hi Erik,

Pretty clear explanation. I am glad Michael qualified for his first ratable tournmanet at this CYCC. Thank you so much.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
            An unrated player has to get 1 point and play at least 3 games in their first ratable tournament. You then need to get games in other tournaments, no points required. When you have 9 games, they will be combined and rated. If your rating is above 1200 it will be published.

Michael Song drew Lawrence Day and Alan Greg, lost to Alex Betaneli and Tanraj S. Sohal, 1-3 -- a ratable result.
            5 more games required to get a published rating.
            Hi Erik,

I have further question regarding the rating. Michael Song played CYCC 2010(U12 boys) just a week before the COCC and he won against two FIDE rated players. All his other games in CYCC were aganist unrated FIDE players. Doesn't mean he will 'waste' the two wins because of he didn't play with at least 3 rated games? CFC even if didn't bother to report the U12 boys games to FIDE.

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Song View Post
              Hi Erik,

I have further question regarding the rating. Michael Song played CYCC 2010(U12 boys) just a week before the COCC and he won against two FIDE rated players. All his other games in CYCC were aganist unrated FIDE players. Doesn't mean he will 'waste' the two wins because of he didn't play with at least 3 rated games? CFC even if didn't bother to report the U12 boys games to FIDE.

Thank you,
              He needs 3 games, so 2 wins is not enough. He'll also need 3 games in both his second and third tournaments to reach the 9 games fo his first published rating.

Comment

Was the CYCC FIDE rated? They don't usually do that especially with lower sections with very few FIDE rated players.
                Christopher Mallon
                FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Working...
                X