Quebec Open : 222 pre-registered players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quebec Open : 222 pre-registered players

So far, 222 players are attending the Quebec Open (24-31 July)
    http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/index.php?...orie=1&id=2924

Sadly, the Cuban players won't be able to come, but GM Alex Lenderman (U.S.) and WIM (WGM since 3 days) Pauline Guichard (France) will replace them.
    http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/index.php?...ie=1&prvsl=oui

Many young players from outside of Quebec are playing in the first section : Aman Hambleton, Ziyi Qin, Roman Sapozhnikov, Nikolay Noritsyn, Arthur Calugar and Alexander Martchenko. This will be a great norm opportunity!

Re: Quebec Open : 222 pre-registered players

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
    So far, 222 players are attending the Quebec Open (24-31 July)
    http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/index.php?...orie=1&id=2924

Sadly, the Cuban players won't be able to come, but GM Alex Lenderman (U.S.) and WIM (WGM since 3 days) Pauline Guichard (France) will replace them.
    http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/index.php?...ie=1&prvsl=oui

Many young players from outside of Quebec are playing in the first section : Aman Hambleton, Ziyi Qin, Roman Sapozhnikov, Nikolay Noritsyn, Arthur Calugar and Alexander Martchenko. This will be a great norm opportunity!
    I am happy to see that Myriam Roy is back. She is one of the most talented girls that Canadian chess has. Go Myriam!
    ________
    BOULEVARD M109R
    Last edited by Andrei Botez; Monday, 9th May, 2011, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Looks like an exciting tournament Felix - several stories in the making. I am sorry to hear that the Cubans are still stuck. Nicely done on the replacements! Perhaps this has been stated already, but will Mon Roi be broadcasting the games? I thought they did an awesome job in Toronto. Zeljka is a tireless worker.

Comment

Live games will available for the top 4 boards at

http://perso.b2b2c.ca/lesechecauquebec/tfd.htm

Comment

Good Luck to Aman, Joey, Roman, Nikolay, Arthur and Alex! They are all talented players and we should see multiple norms from that group.

I wanted to play in the first section as well but I was not allowed in by the organizers

Comment

Unfortunately, we have to limit the number of players playing in the invitation section in order to maximize norm chances. Priority was given to titled players and the FQE members with a rating of 2250 and up. We also invited all members of the Olympic teams. We also left a few spots open for norm seeking CFC members and those spots were attributed based on CFC ratings (hence the invitations to Mr. Calugar (2368), Martchenko (2382), Sapozhnikov(2438), Hambleton(2332); Mr Quin (2328 CFC and 2178 FQE) is a member of the FQE and therefore received special considerations as did Mr. Kraiouichkine and Mr. Modwal as FQE juniors ).
            If we end up with an odd number of players, we will seek the extra player from the registered players in the Open section.
            Sorry Liam(2311) , but we had to draw the line somewhere and you were unlucky this time.

Comment

Don't forget FM Louie Jiang who is the only junior in Canada has the GM chess thinking style I wish he win the GM norm in the Quebec Open.

Comment

No hard feelings Marc, all I ask is that you have your criteria clear when advertising the tournament next year.

You advertise that for non Quebec players they need to be 2300 FIDE+ to play, but then when it comes to making the exceptions, you used players CFC ratings instead of the highest FIDE rated players which I thought would be more logical if your going to advertise that you want players closer to 2300FIDE. I have no problem with you selecting the players by CFC rating, but I just think you should let this be know before hand so there is no misunderstandings.

Anyhow, I hope the tournament goes well! I will be following the games.

Yes William I did forget to mention Louie who is also insanely talented, good luck to him as well!

Comment

The Canadian Open registered players page didn't have an FM next to my name for some time, and I see the Quebec Open page of pre-registrants seems to have neglected to do so as well, recurring motif?

Comment

Aman, probably they see that ur fide rating is under 2300 and dont bother to check if ur an FM or not.

Comment

Thanks for the link Marc. I look forward. Wish I could be there to see it live!

Comment

Re : Quebec Open : 222 pre-registered players

Sorry Aman, we corrected it. At least, your title wasn't next to your name in the pre-registered list, but it was mentionned in your description :)

Comment

Will the Open Section also be FIDE rated? Probably not enough players in the under 2000 to have that section also rated.

Comment

Open is also FIDE rated but not U2000

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Sapozhnikov View Post
                              Aman, probably they see that ur fide rating is under 2300 and dont bother to check if ur an FM or not.
                              There are other FM's with lower FIDE's than 2300 on the pre-registered list...

Comment

Working...
                              X