Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New chess club in Toronto

Hello Vlad,

This is not the one hold by Yuri Lebediv where location looks like the same? or this is new one organize by yourself? How players level will be and rated CMA or CFC? time control?

Thanks
    Anna
    Originally posted by Vladimir Birarov View Post
    Hello,

There is an idea of opening the new chess club in Toronto. The club will be located on Younge and Finch, which makes it easily accessible by public transport. Also there is a large TTC parking near by (free on weekends). Three separate rooms can be used, each of them accommodates up to 20 people. It means, theoretically, we can have blitz in one room, “serious” games in another, and lecture or other kinds of discussions in the third. Currently, the time which is available is Sunday from 10 AM till 2 PM, but, depending on demand, Saturday can be an option too.
    Before I move ahead with this, I’d like to have a rough estimation of how many people would be interested, and also to hear suggestions on what you expect from chess club to provide.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
      At Chess'n Math/Strategy Games, 701 Mt Pleasant (South of Eglinton)...
      Hi Larry,

Granted I've been out of Toronto for four years, and out of the Chess Talk loop for a little while, but I had no idea you guys moved. When did that happen?

Jordan
      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jin Daxin View Post
        Hello Vlad,

This is not the one hold by Yuri Lebediv where location looks like the same? or this is new one organize by yourself? How players level will be and rated CMA or CFC? time control?

Thanks
        Anna
        Hi Anna,

Yes, this is the same place. but I'll be using it in different time frames. I though it would be the easiest way to start, and then ... we'll see. Although I think this location has a lot of potential. Players level ... well, before I start this I thought there will be more interest from adult players in blitz tournaments, but right now it seems that more demand is from young players for high-level FIDE rated tournaments. Having 4-4.5 hours per game we can use 90 min + 30 sec control which was recently extended by FIDE for official use http://www.fide.com/component/conten...e-control.html. These are about all the specifics I can give you for now.

All the best in Pan-Am and see you in Montreal in 3 weeks,
        Vlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladimir Birarov View Post
          for the next big tournament in our area which is ... (need your help here).
          Probably Labour Day Open (September 4-5-6)
          http://www.gtachessevents.memberlodge.com/Default.aspx

Comment

Working...
          X