What 1.e4 defence is objectively best to try to upset an unknown 2500+ player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What 1.e4 defence is objectively best to try to upset an unknown 2500+ player?

I looked at my records. I drew with Cesar twice. Once in the Pan Am and once in the Olympiad, both times as black and on board 1. Bad luck 2 blacks. The first time was a 1. d4 Nf6 defence. The second time the Ruy Lopez. He played h3 to avoid the Marshall I'd been using in the RL.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: What 1.e4 defence is objectively best to try to upset an unknown 2500+ player?

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
      Since the question asked depends on personal factors and therefore must be a subjective one, asking for an objective answer to it is illogical in the first place.
      From a 'reliable' chess expert on a long-established webpage:

The Sicilian is not for the timid. Time is of the essence and a aggressive attacking opponent can soon make a shambles
      of your Kings defenses placing your attacking plans to one of defense just to stay alive. Like in the Turing Tar Pits,
      getting bogged down in unprepared for play, can turn the Sicilian against you to favor your demise and can soon be the
      dissolution and termination of your game.
      The Sicilian defense is definitely not an opening for the beginners opening repertoire. It is frequently called "The
      Granddaddy of Openings", "The Mother of All Openings", "The Tasmanian Devil", etc.
      In the modern era, the Sicilian Defense has been the defense of champions. Kasparov and Bobby Fischer became World
      Champions with almost religious devotion to the Sicilian, while all other World Champions of the twentieth century have
      used it at least fairly extensively. Other luminaries and national champions have bee likewise captivated by the sea of Sicilian variations, making the theory of the opening rich with a diversity of plans and ideas.

The Sicilian Defense dates back to Italy to over four hundred millennium years ago. (400,000 Years Ago):)

Comment

Working...
      X