• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Toronto Labour Day Open Prize Winners

FM Shiyam Thavandiran wins with 5/6 1st prize $1250

please see attached link

http://labourdayopen.memberlodge.com...?pageId=193820

Re: 2008 Toronto Labour Day Open Prize Winners

My usual request - how about some games?

Comment

The usual reply, I bet - they weren't collected.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
        My usual request - how about some games?
        Probably this time only several games from volunteers.

The detailed tournament financial report listed expanses including for scoresheets.
        Maybe it would be reasonable to spend some money for carbon scoresheets (double) and find a volunteer who would enter into a database at least Open's games (titled, >2300, >2200, etc)?

I was confident, that for a FIDE rated tournament, games should be send with the tournament report starting from 200X (probably X=7). However, I could not find any prove of that in the Handbook. Was it only an intention?

Comment

Junior Canadian Women's Olympiad Team Members Clash

Posted on CFC Chess Forum (http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/ )

Two of the junior Canadian Women's Olympiad team members clashed in Rd. 6 of the Toronto Labour Day Open, WFM Yuanling Yuan, and WFM Hazel Smith. Their game, with analysis, is posted on the chess website, Chess5 ( www.chess5.com ). When you get to the homepage, click on " Public Games " at the top to get the September list of games. Find the game on the list, and click on " View ". You will get a board and the score ( it sometimes takes a few seconds to load ), and can play the game over right there. It is a Ruy Lopez, which later transposes into a KID. Yuanling wins in classic white fashion on the Q-side, when Hazel's black K-side attack fails to materialize - good close game.

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X