Battle at the Border - Action has begun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battle at the Border - Action has begun!

Originally posted by Hikaru Nakamura View Post
    I would like to thank everyone involved with this great event. Seeing some of my best friends (Pascal, Jack) as well as so many friendly people is why western Canada will always have a special place in my heart.

I'd be remiss if I did not mention Jamin Gluckie who ran a fabulous event from start to finish. Jamin also showed Pascal, Jack, Yan and I hospitality as well as the local attractions (Boston Pizza) in Lloydminster.

Since I saw a few comments regarding my game with Pascal yesterday, here's what I have to say about that debacle. I recently played in the Spanish Team Championship in Bilbao, Spain where GM Nigel Short mentioned the Philidor. Alas it did not work out here, but since this was not a Fide rated event, it felt like a good time to experiment!
    Tim Horton's is even safer.Canadian non-cuisine.Will continue to follow your ascent, travails and travels via your website and blog @ www.hikarunakamura.com .First you take Manhattan( as a PR Man?), then you take Berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Cormier View Post
      Actually I was commenting on you saying that people are stupid to face him in a game of chess when there are people of comparative ability seeing as he drew two games and their are Gm's at the tournament.
      so?? that's just chess!! it's one endeavour. there are nearly 20 endeavours out there in which one can choose to excel

no offence intended to pascal or nakamura as they are obviously strong chess players, but dude, how often do you think they have cinematic jamborees held in their honours? i'd say once a month AT MOST
      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

You are an American marketer's dream. Young, brash, uneducated...
        "When Sarah Palin or some moronic right wing nut job wins in 2012, I am moving back to Vancouver ASAP!"
        10:27 AM Sep 6th via web
        Who said that? No it wasn't Miley...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
          haha thanks to ben and the organizing committee. hikaru is right, its not fide rated so a good opportunity to try some new openings. but i will try to put on a better show tomorrow.i'll at least do well in the drinking chess portion.
          You guys have a kegger, or WHAT?!

Comment

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
            You are an American marketer's dream. Young, brash, uneducated...
            "When Sarah Palin or some moronic right wing nut job wins in 2012, I am moving back to Vancouver ASAP!"
            10:27 AM Sep 6th via web
            Who said that? No it wasn't Miley...
            dude i hope its bure that would be sickk

i googled your quote and all i could find was this. am i on the right track??
            everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
              i googled your quote and all i could find was this. am i on the right track??
              Nope, not the right track. Check out Hikaru's facebook page for a hint.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamin Gluckie View Post
                Nope, not the right track. Check out Hikaru's facebook page for a hint.
                no can do chief, the big dawg deleted me some time ago for asking if he was american O--:

\:

{-}.{-}

+_+

hehe

^>^

Comment

Originally posted by Nic Haynes View Post
                  I like the food... but I've never heard of a Boston Pizza being described as a "local attraction" :D
                  I've only been to Lloyd a few times, and with no offense meant, the Boston Pizza was one of the more exciting parts.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
                    I've only been to Lloyd a few times, and with no offense meant, the Boston Pizza was one of the more exciting parts.
                    You've obviously never been to the petting zoo!

Comment

Working...
                    X