Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For Mr. Moderator

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
    Chess lessons, like poker lessons, are never free.

Chess is a game where you get out of it what you put into it. If you happen to be a 2200 player and you don't put in much work or play much you will most like see your rating drop when you play again. If you work at the game and study, and keep active then the rating will likely stay at your level or increase.

So simple is chess...

I happen to be a 2200 player, and do not study AT ALL. I also rarely play, and my rating is going UP. NICE. At least, I hope it goes up after my last tournament. If not, then damn. Sources say that it'll go up like 3 points, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
      I happen to be a 2200 player, and do not study AT ALL. I also rarely play, and my rating is going UP. NICE. At least, I hope it goes up after my last tournament. If not, then damn. Sources say that it'll go up like 3 points, though.
      Hi Lucas,

I always thought your play was more like a 2400 or more player. If you can do the 2200 with no study and little play you should have room for improvement.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
        Mr. Ruben, I have reported you again for your behaviour in this post and others. I have not viciously attacked you in any post. I very carefully addressed with facts some reasons why some would think you are not qualified to judge the capabilities of players going to the Olympiad.

It is perhaps most appropriate as well to note I am quite sure none of the players themselves care a whole lot who you are or what you think. If you derive entertainment from cheering against Canadian reps at international chess events well that speaks to your character more then anything. There is no doubt in my mind you will be disappointed again.
        Mr. Smith, I'm an active player who regularly represents Canada. Like in an event now.

What exactly is it you do for chess?
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

You're joking, right? Pointless drivel dying with the old ChessTalk? Before the old ChessTalk died, this new one had nice, clean, courteous, boring drivel. The pointless, but exciting, drivel was not here because the cavepeople were not here. But once the caves were boarded up, the cavepeople had to find a new home... here!

Some might think I'm one of the cavepeople myself, and that's fine, but I try and stay non-personal in my posts and to keep the topics close to chess, or at least refer a non-related topic to chess somehow. But I do enjoy reading the personal attacks, it reminds me of the thin veneer of civilization. I keep thinking of the film we had to watch in Grade 6, where the mice are in a cage and are given all the food and water they need... eventually they overpopulate and become bloody, viscious murderers.
          Only the rushing is heard...
          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
            You're joking, right? Pointless drivel dying with the old ChessTalk? Before the old ChessTalk died, this new one had nice, clean, courteous, boring drivel. The pointless, but exciting, drivel was not here because the cavepeople were not here. But once the caves were boarded up, the cavepeople had to find a new home... here!

Some might think I'm one of the cavepeople myself, and that's fine, but I try and stay non-personal in my posts and to keep the topics close to chess, or at least refer a non-related topic to chess somehow. But I do enjoy reading the personal attacks, it reminds me of the thin veneer of civilization. I keep thinking of the film we had to watch in Grade 6, where the mice are in a cage and are given all the food and water they need... eventually they overpopulate and become bloody, viscious murderers.
            Just checked my post, I was replying to Kerry Liles, not Gary Ruben. Getting used to this new board. After I log in, I no longer see the tree list of the threads which I do see when I'm not logged in. Is there an option to see the list of threads as a tree list? I'm guessing nobody knows.
            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
              Just checked my post, I was replying to Kerry Liles, not Gary Ruben. Getting used to this new board. After I log in, I no longer see the tree list of the threads which I do see when I'm not logged in. Is there an option to see the list of threads as a tree list? I'm guessing nobody knows.
              Oh, one other quick thing, I did write that I try and stay non-personal right after I used the term "cavepeople". Well, cavepeople is not a derogatory term. We all came from cavepeople, didn't we? For the human race to have survived into the present day, cavepeople had to have some very desireable traits. So anyone offended by that term, please realize that without cavepeople, you wouldn't be here.
              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Go into user options, under thread display mode. I recommend Hybrid, which is the default when you aren't logged in.
                Christopher Mallon
                FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Working...
                X