Olympad - round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympad - round 3

Sorry to hear about the incorrect game results. There is a procedure for placing the Kings on the board at the end of the game in order to transmit the result. Not all the Arbiters get this right. It is tempting to place the Kings on the correct central squares and then reset the rest of the pieces. This causes problems. Resetting the pieces must be done later.

I chatted with Mark and Thomas at dinner last night. Mark is a great team leader and has a winning attitude. "We had some tough breaks in the match today. We could have easily scored another point and a half. It happens at the Olympiad. You just have to stay strong."

The FIDE commissions began meeting today at 9am but I had to give day one a pass. Sleep has been a big problem for me and can't risk dozing off during the round. Tomorrow is a rest day (for players and Arbiters) so I can catch up with the FIDE dudes at that time.

Karpov arrived yesterday, Kasparov today. Both camps are exuding supreme confidence. There is as much discussion about the ECU elections as there is for FIDE. The 2 front runners appear to be Danailov from Bulgaria and Ali Yazici of Turkey. Both guys have impressive chess resumes.

Comment

Re: Olympad - round 3

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
      Sorry to hear about the incorrect game results. There is a procedure for placing the Kings on the board at the end of the game in order to transmit the result. Not all the Arbiters get this right. It is tempting to place the Kings on the correct central squares and then reset the rest of the pieces. This causes problems. Resetting the pieces must be done later.

I chatted with Mark and Thomas at dinner last night. Mark is a great team leader and has a winning attitude. "We had some tough breaks in the match today. We could have easily scored another point and a half. It happens at the Olympiad. You just have to stay strong."

The FIDE commissions began meeting today at 9am but I had to give day one a pass. Sleep has been a big problem for me and can't risk dozing off during the round. Tomorrow is a rest day (for players and Arbiters) so I can catch up with the FIDE dudes at that time.

Karpov arrived yesterday, Kasparov today. Both camps are exuding supreme confidence. There is as much discussion about the ECU elections as there is for FIDE. The 2 front runners appear to be Danailov from Bulgaria and Ali Yazici of Turkey. Both guys have impressive chess resumes.
      I guess 72 votes for Ali. And every Russian schoolboy knows that the King belongs in the center (K4,5). We all posted Olympad re. innaccuracies, Bob's ur uncle.

Comment

Working...
      X