will pay to borrow "Small Chess Dictionary"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will pay to borrow "Small Chess Dictionary"

Hi there, I would like to have the following book with me in Europe in a couple of weeks:

Small Chess Dictionary by Informant
    http://www.sahovski.com/products/oth...est.php?id=265

A challenge is that I am not confident I can buy it and get delivery in time for my trip, and I cannot find anywhere else where it is available new, and again, I am not confident that I could get delivery in time. So, is there anyone in the Ottawa-Gatineau, or even Montreal areas, that could rent me the book for 2-3 weeks? Or if you prefer, I will buy it from you.

arismarghetis at rogers dot com

"Small Chess Dictionary"

Send me your address and I will mail you a copy tomorrow morning. It would arrive Thursday that way.

Send it to

jkm at iprimus dot ca

Comment

Re: "Small Chess Dictionary"

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
      Send me your address and I will mail you a copy tomorrow morning. It would arrive Thursday that way.

Send it to

jkm at iprimus dot ca
      That is very nice of you, thank you!

Let me wait for another 24 hours, in case someone local has it, else I'll email you then.

I take very good care of books, and would mail it back to you first week of November.

Comment

Re: will pay to borrow "Small Chess Dictionary"

Why don't you just download it from the web in the interim and buy it later after your travels?

Small chess dictionary

You will have to download a viewer to read the file as well. A website which you can down load the viewer is:

Viewer to read djvu files
        Last edited by Ken Einarsson; Tuesday, 5th October, 2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Einarsson View Post
          Why don't you just download it from the web in the interim and buy it later after your travels?

Small chess dictionary

You will have to download a viewer to read the file as well. A website which you can down load the viewer is:

Viewer to read djvu files
          How cool is that?! Interesting... thanks!
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            How cool is that?! Interesting... thanks!
            As contentious as music-pirating. Other than copyright infringement ( if u just view, and not download, then might be ok),one still has to take viral infections into consideration. Just one means of deterring free e-books by publishers and resellers. HOT TOPIC. Not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
              Small Chess Dictionary by Informant
              (not 100% sure) I have seen this book at the Strategy store (a used book section) in Toronto 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                (not 100% sure) I have seen this book at the Strategy store (a used book section) in Toronto 1 week ago.
                Hi guys, thanks for all of your help. I have been fortunate to find someone local who's willing to lend me his copy for my trip, so I'm all set! However, he is not interested in selling it to me, so Egis, if you see it for sure, please let me know, thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
                  As contentious as music-pirating. Other than copyright infringement ( if u just view, and not download, then might be ok),one still has to take viral infections into consideration. Just one means of deterring free e-books by publishers and resellers. HOT TOPIC. Not cool.
                  Well, it is unlikely to get any problem from a file that is not executed by the computer (mind you, I realize there have been exploits from non-executable files simply because some software was insanely stupid enough to permit bits of code to be encapsulated in otherwise benign files...)

And I understand the issue of piracy; all the poster did was point out the file is 'out there' - caveat user.
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                    if you see it for sure, please let me know, thanks in advance.
                    Probably Erwin or Francis might answer/check faster :D

Comment

Sorry Aris/Egis,

Not in stock. But if you ever need to order.....:-)

And I understand Erwin intends to give away some interesting books
                      in this Friday's Blitz nite....and don't forget, the Olympians are back!

FR

Comment

Working...
                      X