Find the Mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find the Mistake

This is Steve Bolduc - Félix Dumont from the Quebec Elite Chp. underway. It was posted on the French side, but I thought it was good enough to bring over.

White played Qxf6+ here and black resigned due to the mate.

http://chesstalk.info/forum2/showthread.php?t=4033

Re: Find the Mistake- not MATE!

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
    This is Steve Bolduc - Félix Dumont from the Quebec Elite Chp. underway. It was posted on the French side, but I thought it was good enough to bring over.

White played Qxf6+ here and black resigned due to the mate.

http://chesstalk.info/forum2/showthread.php?t=4033
    It is not CHECKMATE when black plays the only move Rxf:)6 (it looks to be leaving the back rank and the g8 square vulnerable to checkmate... however...
    Raxf6 is check! and then when White moves the King... black can take the Bishop removing the mate!

Comment

Re: Find the Mistake

SO instead of Qxf6?? white should have played Rg8+ followed by mate after Rxg8 Qxf6+ Rg7 Qf8+ Rg8 Qxg8#
      University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

lol hehehe
        i rep back 3+

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Me View Post
          lol hehehe
          Well, I'm not sure if it's that funny and I certainly wasn't trying to mock anyone. In fact, I think it's to his credit that the loser took the time to share this.

Comment

Re : Find the Mistake

It is funny, we got to admit it. Especially since it's the kind of thing that happens to me very frequently (you should see the 3rd round game, it's even worse).
            But I wanted to share this game because I find pretty incredible that none of us saw it. I only realized it after we put the score, and we were both pretty shocked.

Comment

Working...
            X