• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling out Vlad Dobrich

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
    I just want Vlad to publicly acknowledge
    You have a wild imagination :D
    I can imagine that Vlad simple did not show any emotions when looked at you - a normal poker-player's face.

On other hand, to keeping eye contact is a sign of a strong man. (don't forget - older men have a slower response time to break a contact :)

And in principal, you had a chance to start a conversation first - say "hi" and "how are you". Vlad has enough stories for everyone ;)

Comment

From his response, he claims he was not engaged in any such conduct and your delusions are your own. Grow up and get over it or seek some counselling.
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
        Pardon me, Ben? Your epithet was unnecessary although not unexpected.
        Sorry to take you away from your pablum.
        do you believe your posts are "necessary"?

but seriously why do you care if this thread exists or not? it has nothing to do with you... if you don't like it, there are plenty of other threads you might enjoy. for example, if you are interested, i can link you to a kovalchuk thread

???
        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Would be devestating if this thread were to be deleted. It really is awesome. I would go back into chesstalk hibernation until something funny(a rarity) pops up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
            Would be devestating if this thread were to be deleted. It really is awesome. I would go back into chesstalk hibernation until something funny(a rarity) pops up again.
            Hi Eric,
            If you find this entertaining then check out Kevin Spragget's take on it at
            >>>>>http://kevinspraggett.blogspot.com/
            Kevin posted even before I had a chance to reply in my first response! :D

Comment

Hi Vlad,

I check Kevin's blog daily as it's by far the most funny chess-related site. I don't know where he finds the pictures, but it's excellent stuff.

Comment

Re : Re: Calling out Vlad Dobrich

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                From his response, he claims he was not engaged in any such conduct ...
                No one caught in such childish behaviour would ever admit it publicly. And I can understand why. On the other hand complaining about it is useless. Better laugh about it.

Comment

Well, it's not like Vlad would even remotely admit he was wrong. Kerry, I'm not going to bash you because you don't have all your facts, neither does Kevin, unless you were there at the Canadian Open this year. And please, people who suggest that I'm overreacting shouldn't say anything at all. Especially if you don't even play chess anymore. Kevin's one of the most controversial bloggers in chess and even he didn't take sides. I guess Vlad is too proud to respond to my accusations on a forum. That's ok Vlad. Next time I see you anywhere related to chess I'm just going to walk right up to you and tell you like it is.
                  P.S. Don't act like you were actually going to post anything. You've had more than enough time to respond but I see your old age has caught up with you.
                  Shameless self-promotion on display here
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Well, it's not like Vlad would even remotely admit he was wrong. Kerry, I'm not going to bash you because you don't have all your facts, neither does Kevin, unless you were there at the Canadian Open this year. And please, people who suggest that I'm overreacting shouldn't say anything at all. Especially if you don't even play chess anymore. Kevin's one of the most controversial bloggers in chess and even he didn't take sides. I guess Vlad is too proud to respond to my accusations on a forum. That's ok Vlad. Next time I see you anywhere related to chess I'm just going to walk right up to you and tell you like it is.
                    P.S. Don't act like you were actually going to post anything. You've had more than enough time to respond but I see your old age has caught up with you.
                    Well, thanks for not bashing me Bindi... I appreciate that. If we don't have all the facts, it means you haven't revealed all of them, but you certainly didn't mind bashing Dobrich on this forum (as Ken pointed out, some of your statements border on libel). All that I know is that you had some sort of dispute with his running of the Blitz side tournament at the Canadian Open and obviously still feel you got the short end of the stick.

To accuse him of giving you the evil eye or looking at you like a pedophile [edit by original poster: the latter phrase - "looking at you like a ..." was an unfortunate miss-attribution by me and I apologize] while he was a spectator at a later tournament and then 'calling him out' like might happen in a bad western movie is just a bit over the top and childish.

I don't expect him to bother debating this with you on this thread or elsewhere in public. If you don't like the way he runs tournaments, don't enter tournaments he runs or has anything to do with...

I don't understand your final point: Vlad did respond, didn't he? He appears to have decided that his response stands.
                    Last edited by Kerry Liles; Thursday, 14th October, 2010, 02:29 PM. Reason: apology for inserting an incorrect attribution
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

At the risk of drawing more juvenile insults from you, I will try to correct your misapprehensions.
                      First I did reply to your original post - see post #2 in this thread.
                      Also, as stated in that post, I did not stare at you at any time, especially as you say in the final round (round 6). I was not there as I left the site at the beginning of the round to go to a poker tournament.
                      Lastly, I see little point in continuing this discussion as you simply ignore my statements and then go on to restate your misapprehensions.

Comment

Imma chargin' mah lazer!!

bindi -
                        if you're interested, check out nambla.
                        on a side note: you shouldn't have taken your sweater off just before round 6...
                        Last edited by Kevin Me; Wednesday, 13th October, 2010, 03:31 PM.
                        i rep back 3+

Comment

Perhaps it was round 5, nonetheless, you can deny it all you want but we both know what happened. There's no point in discussing it further on a blog where Kerry just loves to take sides. How long has it been since you've played any chess? Vlad, I still think you're a funny character whose idea of not staring is following their movement as they walk past you. Regardless, I had dropped this matter over the summer but your presence has forced me to bring it up. Tell me if you didn't act this way towards me this weekend, why else would I bring it up? Before you answer, I just want to let you know it's a rhetorical question. Who am I kidding, you wouldn't have the guts to reply unless I directly challenged you. Happy hunting, may you never organize another substantial blitz tournament again.
                          Shameless self-promotion on display here
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
                            you're in luck

now you owe me... i will call upon the favour within 5 years
                            everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

I posted in the wrong place, but I seem to be unable to delete this post. This disturbs me.
                              Last edited by Lucas Davies; Thursday, 14th October, 2010, 04:37 AM.

Comment

This is by far the best Chesstalk thread since that one in which I posted a lot of movie screenshots...

Comment

Working...
                                X