X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FIDE rated tournaments

Originally posted by Stephen Wright View Post
    It's hidden away in the section on the rating list:

7.14c The condition of a minimum of 9 games need not be met in one tournament: results from other events, played within rating periods of not more than two years, are pooled to obtain the initial rating.
    Yes. That clearly makes it nearly impossible for players (in the boonies) who go to "big" events only every three or four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
      There aren't enough FIDE rated players in the Maritimes, that any kind of a normal swiss would be rateable.
      I take it you draw your player entrants from the Maritime provinces as opposed to the Atlantic provinces?
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Generally, any tournaments I have in Charlottetown draw about 20-25% of the participation from Nova Scotia or New Brunswick (up to a 3.5 hour drive away).

It is probably cheaper for a St John's, NL player to get to Toronto than Charlottetown (by air). By car it's a 10 hour drive, 7 hour boat ride and finally another 6 hour drive.

Comment

Do you get any participation from Labrador? I'm not sure if there are any tournament players there.

I recall the NFLD boat ride being 8 hours years ago. Used to take the night ride and they kept us on the ferry until they sold us burned toast and rubber eggs.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
          X