Playing TOO MUCH CHESS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing TOO MUCH CHESS.

What's the worst and/or craziest thing that's ever happened to you from playing TOO MUCH CHESS? If chess isn't really your thing, you can also regale to us tales of what's happened to you from playing TOO MUCH STARCRAFT. If you'd like to discuss the effects of indulging in too much of something else, please first PM first me to ask for permission.

Re: Playing TOO MUCH CHESS.

sometimes i'll play warp speed tetris for like 8-12 hours without a break and then everything i see is all tetris blocks, like there's just tetris blocks falling from the sky... try to close my eyes and fall asleep but i can't stop planning tetris strats in my head
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

also, whilst we're on the topic of shutting one's eyes and not being able to get things out of one's sight, i try to shut my eyes but i can't get her out of my sight... just saying..........
      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

For breaking the official rules, you will no longer be acknowledged in this thread.

Comment

these days i watch TOO MUCH THE OC. probably will stay up till like 8am watching s01 and then sleep through class tmr ^___^

also drinking too much microbrewed cream soda but that is another issue... actually it's the same issue, i'm doing both at the same time......

anyway here are some good ryan-marissa quotes from the first two episodes

marissa: "who are you"
          ryan: "whoever you want me to be"

OH MY GOD BEST THING EVER!!!

marissa: "what do you think of newport?"
          ryan: "i think i can get in less trouble where i'm from"
          marissa: "you have no idea"

ryan: "you listen to punk huh?"
          marissa: "i'm angry..."

young man i will just hook you up with this amazing video!!!!!! ok &____&

Comment

s01e10 moment!!

ryan: "sometimes i think you talk just to make sounds"
            seth: "well sometimes i do..."

this is where the bromance really starts to build!!!!

yeah!!!!!

Comment

This is what happens when you play too much starcraft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMhh...ture=topvideos

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMhh...ture=topvideos
                That's pretty epic...
                University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Well, "too much" is by definition bad, but how much is "too much"? My personal position would be that any amount of "starcraft" is already "too much", but I admit to bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
                    Well, "too much" is by definition bad, but how much is "too much"? My personal position would be that any amount of "starcraft" is already "too much", but I admit to bias.
                    Have you ever tried it? Starcraft may be just a 'video game' but it has dominated the strategy genre for around 10 years. It's the chess of video games, simple in concept, but amazingly deep. World championships are held and there are people who make their living playing this one game. Just try it you might find that you actually like it :)

How many people watched the last Chess world championship live? Do you think they could pack a building like the last Starcraft World championship?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-4DN8RKNDc
                    Last edited by Jason Lohner; Tuesday, 23rd November, 2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Have you ever tried it?
                      Nope. Don't plan to, either. I said I was biased! Do you have a problem with my bias? Are you, perhaps, feeling a little defensive? A little insecure?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
                        Nope. Don't plan to, either. I said I was biased! Do you have a problem with my bias? Are you, perhaps, feeling a little defensive? A little insecure?
                        are you feeling a little overweight (PLZ be honest)

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
                          You seem to enjoy talking about people's weight, first Jordan now Ed. Calm down.
                          University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                            What's the worst and/or craziest thing that's ever happened to you from playing TOO MUCH CHESS? If chess isn't really your thing, you can also regale to us tales of what's happened to you from playing TOO MUCH STARCRAFT. If you'd like to discuss the effects of indulging in too much of something else, please first PM first me to ask for permission.
                            I have a weakness for over indulging in "Age of Empires Conquerors Edition" with some bad cases of carpal tunnel syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
                              I didn't know that "overweight" was a feeling. Is "ugly" a feeling too? I thought they were both conditions, not feelings.

I will stipulate my ugliness as a fact, but I don't feel "ugly". Come to think of it, how would or could one feel it?

Comment

Working...
                              X