All you ever wanted to know about Kirsan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All you ever wanted to know about Kirsan...

Found on chessbase:

The New York Times was approached by the President of the World Chess Federation, who offered to answer readers’ questions.

Was chess given to Earthlings from extraterrestrial visitors? "I do, indeed, consider chess a gift from extraterrestrial civilizations. Chess is one of the world’s oldest games. But where was it invented? In India? But an ancient set of figures was also found at excavations in the Bulgarian town of Plovdiv. And two years ago, the president of Mongolia showed me chessmen discovered when they were searching for the grave of Genghis Khan and excavated a kurgan. There have been similar finds in Latin America and other parts of the world. And in those times, of course, travel was almost impossible. But the rules of chess were almost identical everywhere. It is hard to imagine that people in different parts of the world many thousands of years ago simultaneously thought up an identical game with the same rules just by chance. But again, I will set forth my opinions in the book, and we can discuss my theses in greater detail.
    I have decided to write a book about my contact with extraterrestrials, and it will be published in the United States in 2011. In it, I will speak of my personal experience communicating with extraterrestrials and my view on the question of extraterrestrial civilizations.
    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6842

We can hardly add anything
    Last edited by Felix Dumont; Thursday, 2nd December, 2010, 06:33 PM.

Re: All you ever wanted to know about Kirsan...

It seems that with no on-going elite events, or interesting stories being fed to them from across the globe, chessbase is really desperate for 'news'.
    Either that or someone got fired from the Toronto Sun and Kirsan is the new sunshine boy.

Comment

Re: All you ever wanted to know about Kirsan...

We can hardly add anything [/QUOTE]

EXTRAJUDICIAL EXECUTION

50. One possible extrajudicial execution was reported in 1998, that of Larisa Yudina, a journalist and editor of the opposition newspaper Sovetskaya Kalmykia in the Republic of Kalmykia. Her body was found in June 1998 with a fractured skull and multiple stab wounds. She had received repeated warnings to stop her critical reporting on the Kalmykian President, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, whom she accused of corruption. On the night she was killed, a man reportedly telephoned her, offering documents relating to her investigation of corruption. She reportedly went to meet the man and never returned.

51. According to reports, the trial of three people charged with her murder opened on 1 July and was adjourned quickly because the defence accused the prosecutor of legal impropriety. The three men on trial were Sergey Vaskin, a former aide of President Ilyumzhinov, Vladimir Shanukov and Sergey Lipin. The first two were charged under Article 105(2) of the Russian Criminal Code with premeditated murder. The third suspect, Sergey Lipin, was already serving a separate prison term for murder, but, at the time of Larisa Yudina's murder, he was allegedly on a brief holiday granted to him for exemplary conduct. He was charged with helping to cover up the murder. A fourth suspect, the former representative of Kalmykia in the Volgograd Region, Tyurbya Bashomodzhiyev, was relieved of criminal responsibility, allegedly for his confession and assistance to the investigation.

ILLUSION OF HARMLESSNESS?

Comment

Working...
      X