Merry Christmas To...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas To...

all members, readers, posters and trollers!

Re: Merry Christmas To...

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
    all members, readers, posters and trollers!
    same to you

Comment

Merry X-mas and Happy New 2011 Year to all chessplayers!

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
        Merry X-mas and Happy New 2011 Year to all chessplayers!
        Merry Chirstmas and good luck in Year 2011 for all Canadian chess players!

Comment

I was just doing some research on X-Mas vs Christmas

In Greek, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ, and it, or the similar Roman letter X, has been used as an abbreviation for Christ since the mid-16th century.[16] Hence, Xmas is sometimes used as an abbreviation for Christmas. So If you use 'x' you are not replacing 'Christ', you are just efficiently representing 'Christ' by its first Greek character. Interesting!!

Happy Holidays to one and all.
          University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

I am happy to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. I do not celibrate either myself, but approve of celebrations and parties for any reason, and I did indeed have a happy Yule with the rest of my fellow Pagans.

May the joy of the season last the whole year round for you and yours, and all humankind. And likewise to any sentient beings elsewhere in this wholly astounding and remarkable universe we all inhabit for our allotted time.

Comment

For those who need a good laugh... this is the best christmas story I've ever read.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...christmas.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
                I am happy to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. I do not celibrate either myself, but approve of celebrations and parties for any reason, and I did indeed have a happy Yule with the rest of my fellow Pagans.

May the joy of the season last the whole year round for you and yours, and all humankind. And likewise to any sentient beings elsewhere in this wholly astounding and remarkable universe we all inhabit for our allotted time.
                i am thrilled that you approve of my celebrations
                everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Working...
                X