GM Roussel-Roozmon - it's official.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Roussel-Roozmon - it's official.

What a difference a keystroke makes! The "m" has been replaced with a "g" in Thomas' FIDE player record.

Looking back at the Olympiad Thomas had some awesome results. The one that sticks out the most for me was the draw with Black against Cheparinov. Obviously Bulgaria wasn't expecting to lose on first board, but I'm sure they were looking at Chep's White as a full point.

Thomas claims he was a little rusty, and put his studies on hold in order to participate in the Olympiad. I recall his comment once that believed he should be on a higher board - not for ego, but because of his solid style. He may not be able to beat all the 2400's but he can hold against the 2600+ crowd. And so he proved.

Anyway - congratulations Thomas! Better 6 days late than never!

Re: GM Roussel-Roozmon - it's official.

Congratulations to GM. Roussel-Roozmon!

Comment

This is an incredible accomplishment! My heartfelt congrats go out to our newest GM!

Comment

Note also that GM Bator Sambuev is now listed as Canadian (I'm not sure if this has been the case for a while or not). Anton Kovalyov is still listed as "ARG".

Comment

Warmest congratulations to our new GM!

Comment

Re : GM Roussel-Roozmon - it's official.

I don't know if anybody noticed but I see that GM Dimitri Tyomkin (http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=2803089) is listed as Canadian. I don't recall having seen him in any tournament here...

Comment

Re: Re : GM Roussel-Roozmon - it's official.

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
              I don't recall having seen him in any tournament here...

check his history at http://ratings.fide.com/hist.phtml?event=2803089. Many Canadian tournaments...

Comment

Congrats on Mr. Roussel Roozmon accomplishments.

Comment

Working...
                X