Ontario Open 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ontario Open 2011

Just made it home from the OCA AGM. We were about 5km from our last exit from the highway, to get into our neighbourhood, when a big vehicle CAME BY IN THE OTHER DIRECTION IN THE FAST LANE. Scared the crap out of us. Called 911. The OPP was screaming by within seconds. Just hope so much that no one collided behind us ...

Comment

• Re: Ontario Open 2011 Do you have any updates, AGM or the Ontario Open results?

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      Just made it home from the OCA AGM. We were about 5km from our last exit from the highway, to get into our neighbourhood, when a big vehicle CAME BY IN THE OTHER DIRECTION IN THE FAST LANE. Scared the crap out of us. Called 911. The OPP was screaming by within seconds. Just hope so much that no one collided behind us ...
      Hi Aris:

Hope you are OK after your trip home from Hamilton! :-) Scary stuff.

Anyway... can you give us a report on the OCA AGM? Who won the election?

Also... do you have update on the event -- the Ontario Open. I have been looking for results, games, any news -- but nothing here yet. How many players are at the event? How is the Ontario Open going this year?

Thanks Aris --- see you in Toronto in July for the Canadian Open! Cheers! :)

Comment

• Re: Ontario Open 2011 Do you have any updates, AGM or the Ontario Open results?

Originally posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post
        Hi Aris:

Hope you are OK after your trip home from Hamilton! :-) Scary stuff.

Anyway... can you give us a report on the OCA AGM? Who won the election?

Also... do you have update on the event -- the Ontario Open. I have been looking for results, games, any news -- but nothing here yet. How many players are at the event? How is the Ontario Open going this year?

Thanks Aris --- see you in Toronto in July for the Canadian Open! Cheers! :)
        In this time of information age, no updates yet??? TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to JEAN HEBERT's STANDARD of TOURNAMENT ORGANIZATION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Love View Post
          In this time of information age, no updates yet??? TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to JEAN HEBERT's STANDARD of TOURNAMENT ORGANIZATION!!!
          LOL - I had not logged back in since my near-death experience, as I had to make big dents in the job jar. Awesome weekend being offline after yakking at the OCA AGM! :)

Regarding the OCA AGM, I represented Eastern Ontario, and I expect that one of the OCA Secretaries would eventually post appropriate communications from the OCA AGM.

Regarding the Ontario Open, I just watched for a few minutes, and I expect the many volunteers there would eventually post stuff here, etc. Why are people asking me?! :)

All the best (going offline for probably at least another 24 hours - just love the quiet! :)

Comment

• Re: Ontario Open 2011

And the winners are:

Elite section

1st/2nd Bator Sambuev 5 pts $750
            1st/2nd Leonid Gerzhoy 5 pts $750
            3rd Nikolay Noritsyn 4.5 pts $300

U2000

1st Ian Finlay 5.5 pts $550
            2nd/3rd Daniel Wiebe 4.5 pts $275
            2nd/3rd Stuart Brammall 4.5 pts $275

U1600

1st Zhanna Sametova 5 pts $250
            2nd/3rd Owen Qian 4.5 pts $125
            2nd/3rd Henry Grayson 4.5 pts $125
            Unrated book prize: Ryan Gonsalves

Attendance 69 players
            Total cash prizes - $3,400

Complete report later. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Love View Post
              Can't you post an opinion of your own and take responsibility for it ?

Comment

Working...
              X