Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton Winter Open 2011

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
    that link doesn't work for me (404 error)

Try cutting and pasting this:

<text>http://chess.servegame.com/hamilton/e107_files/events/2011/HamiltonWinterOpen2011Results.jpg</text>

or click here.
    Seems the long url worked in my preview, but, not in the post..have changed it to a "tiny url", so the link should work now.

Comment

• Re: Rating Wesley

Originally posted by Bator Sambuev View Post
      Thank you for clarifying! I think if I would have 100 points less nobody would even think about So's CFC rating. What's wrong with you, guys?
      Congratulations on your win over Wesley So !

Although I haven't seen the pgn (yet) I hope to go over the game as soon as it is available...

Perhaps you would consider annotating the game for the Canadian Chess Newsletter that the CFC distributes (editor Tony Ficzere)? It would be fascinating to learn about your thoughts during (and after) the game.
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I guess I am being curious but this is of public interest. Did GM So pay an entry fee ? Or to be somewhat more inquisitive, did he get some condition to play ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
          I guess I am being curious but this is of public interest. Did GM So pay an entry fee ? Or to be somewhat more inquisitive, did he get some condition to play ?
          Quod licet jovi non licet bovi

Comment

Originally posted by Bator Sambuev View Post
            Quod licet jovi non licet bovi
            I don't think a lower rating makes one a bovine.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
              I don't think a lower rating makes one a bovine.
              It just means you can't expect same conditions for So and Hebert or me. Don't get it literally, So is not Jupiter as well;). But definitely he can attract much more players (and he proved it) than anybody in Canada. Of course he has to have special conditions.

Comment

So paid no entry fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
                  That's odd, I always got plenty when I went to fill 'er up. :):)
                  Hmm perhaps we will have to add the coffee quota to the next event.

Comment

Originally posted by Garvin Nunes View Post
                    So paid no entry fee.
                    Gee, it seems to be Sooooooo hard to say it...

Comment

Actually Jean, it is simply none of your business. We do appreciate the value of titled players, but our preference is to negotiate with them in private. Your constant complaining has been both amusing and annoying at times. :)

Comment

That's the kind of pun that a five year old would make.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                          Actually Jean, it is simply none of your business. We do appreciate the value of titled players, but our preference is to negotiate with them in private. Your constant complaining has been both amusing and annoying at times. :)
                          I take notice of your rude and uncalled for "none of your business" stuff, once the question has been partly anwered! A sure sign that your mandate as CFC president is nearing its end. ;) If I at times amuse you as you proclaim, it should be enough reason for you to show a minimal amount of politeness.

Actually Bob, I must point out for your benefit that I obviously was not complaining this time (actually I very rarely complain :)), I was asking a short question of public interest which is certainly legitimate in the context of a message board. At least wait until I really complain before bursting into intolerance.

If GM So got free entry and then some, you should be proud of yourself. You have made Canadian chess look decent to a distinguished foreign visitor. Now all you have to do is to do the same for our local distinguished elite players: to make canadian chess look decent to them.

Comment

Here are more pictures from Hamilton Winter Open.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1146099...KHS74rd9eTyUw#
                            Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Saturday, 2nd April, 2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Hi Mikhail:

Link not working - " internal server error ".

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

I just fixed it. Try again and let me know, if you have any problems. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X