Hamilton Winter Open 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamilton Winter Open 2011

With regret I am going to have to withdraw from this tournament. I have sent an email to the email address (monitored by Garvin) to that effect. Hopefully I will see you all at the Ontario Open at the end of May and wish you luck with this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
      The Hamilton organizers are to be congratulated for creating this high-end event. Well done!
      HOWEVER, calling it the WINTER Open when it is already Spring seems to have jinxed the area - we got an unwelcome 5 cm of snow here in the GTA! Get with it guys - its the Hamilton SPRING Open! :) Think positive.
      I would like to officially apologize for delaying winter until the end of Sunday. The Hamilton City Chess Club however promises that spring is allowed to begin Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        With regret I am going to have to withdraw from this tournament. I have sent an email to the email address (monitored by Garvin) to that effect. Hopefully I will see you all at the Ontario Open at the end of May and wish you luck with this tournament.
        Vlad,

Thanks for your support of our previous events. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Garvin Nunes View Post
          I would like to officially apologize for delaying winter until the end of Sunday. The Hamilton City Chess Club however promises that spring is allowed to begin Monday.
          I'm glad you guys are doing your part to combat Global Warming.

Paul Beckwith says his cheque (he spelt it "check") is in the mail.
          Only the rushing is heard...
          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Rating Wesley

From the CFC Handbook:

736. Foreign Events and Ratings. If a foreign player has a rating in his own country or from FIDE, that will be used to determine his first CFC rating. If he is inactive in Canada for a year but has a change in his foreign rating, his changed foreign rating will be used to recalculated his CFC rating.

I hope to drop in on Saturday - so sorry I cannot play!

Comment

Re: Rating Wesley

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
              From the CFC Handbook:

736. Foreign Events and Ratings. If a foreign player has a rating in his own country or from FIDE, that will be used to determine his first CFC rating. If he is inactive in Canada for a year but has a change in his foreign rating, his changed foreign rating will be used to recalculated his CFC rating.

I hope to drop in on Saturday - so sorry I cannot play!
              Thank you for clarifying! I think if I would have 100 points less nobody would even think about So's CFC rating. What's wrong with you, guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Bator Sambuev View Post
                Thank you for clarifying! I think if I would have 100 points less nobody would even think about So's CFC rating. What's wrong with you, guys?
                I find this quite funny actually :P :D

Comment

Anyone care to take a stab at estimating what So's performance rating will be?

My estimate is .... 2741 with 4.5/5

Comment

Hi Hal,

Thank you for clarification Hal! I hope to see you this weekend, but too bad you can't play. :) Good point Bator! Your input means a lot to us(organizers), since you are the only active playing GM in Canada.

I still find suggestion of 2850 rating very funny . :D

Mikhail

Comment

Please note some players are using a social network of some kind to filter or send their emails to us. I will not be replying to players who force us to join Boxbe or another social network to reply to their emails..

Please send us your messages using a regular email,

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bator Sambuev View Post
                        Good luck in this tournament. But if you win clear first and win against Wesley So in the process, your new rating will be 30 points higher while GM So's will be 30 points lower! This will call for an emergency meeting of the Governors to decide what is wrong with the rating system. :D

Comment

Hi guys,
                          Give me a round 1 bye.
                          See you this afternoon.

Comment

Thanks Stuart.
                            Please arrive by 1:30 for round 2 pairings. :)

Final reminder everyone: NEW LOCATION
                            Check the flyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                              Thanks Stuart.
                              Please arrive by 1:30 for round 2 pairings. :)

Final reminder everyone: NEW LOCATION
                              Check the flyer.
                              People registering for round 2 need to arrive at 1:30pm...the second round starts at 2pm,

Thanks!

Comment

Traffic Accident: 403

Due to the traffic accident on the 403 all my helpers are late getting into Hamilton, therefore the first round start time will likely be slightly delayed

Comment

Working...
                                X