Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Running for CFC President

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
    I agree, Pierre. Just that the nominator and the seconder should know the Rules of Order to the extent that they know what it means to "challenge the chair", to be prepared. Nobody, I hope, wants a court case.

It is amusing that both the incumbent and the new guy could be challenged on grounds of eligibility--and I'm not saying anything about the merit of either challenge--so we might somehow have no presidential election, just a selection based upon points of order.

If Ontario won't make him a governor why doesn't B.C. do it? If he wins doesn't he become a governor at large and B.C. gets to replace him as a governor with someone else?

For disclosure, I don't know David and have never met him that I recall.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by David Lavin View Post
      After much brooding, musing, and debate I have decided to run for President of the CFC.
      I think a 500 pound gorilla has entered the room.

If anyone is interested in seeing what I've been up to for the past twenty years please check out www.thelavinagency.com.
      I see famous people...

Its good to see that you did well over those 20 years. You have some very impressive and recognizable clients and I'm not even talking about the ones I see on TV every day...

This should be interesting.

Comment

Just a FYI, David Lavin is now a CFC Governor-Nominee from the OCA.
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

So Chris, Does this mean the road is clear for David Lavin to run for president of the CFC at the annual meeting?

Comment

Well it was already clear, this just makes it harder for people to jump in the way at the last second. Plus he'll get to vote for himself so he's guaranteed 2% of the vote now!
            Christopher Mallon
            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Working...
            X