Newsletter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsletter?

When I paid money to the TD for a membership renewal, I didn't fill any forms, didn't provide any information, and didn't get any information.

There's a newsletter? How does that info get disseminated? Is it worth me looking up and reading?

What I think should happen: The TD should take name and email address. Those should be sent along with tournament results and membership dues. The info gets added to the database, and a standard email should be automatically sent by the database to the specified address. That email should say "Welcome! Thanks for the $. We'll spend it wisely. Here's your rating. Here's the newsletter."

[If the email bounces, an administrator should receive notice and take action.]

Re: Newsletter?

Email info@chess.ca so they know your email address. You probably should be able to get the back issues since you've had a membership.

Yes the TDs should be collecting email addresses where possible.

I don't know what kind of email gets sent (if any) to new members. It's a good idea if there isn't one.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

All responsible tournament organizers/directors should be collecting e-mails and sending them to the office, from anybody joining or not presently receiving the newsletter.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Baljeu View Post
        When I paid money to the TD for a membership renewal, I didn't fill any forms, didn't provide any information, and didn't get any information.

There's a newsletter? How does that info get disseminated? Is it worth me looking up and reading?

What I think should happen: The TD should take name and email address. Those should be sent along with tournament results and membership dues. The info gets added to the database, and a standard email should be automatically sent by the database to the specified address. That email should say "Welcome! Thanks for the $. We'll spend it wisely. Here's your rating. Here's the newsletter."

You can also access some of the back issues which have been made available as sample copies for review. http://www.chess.ca/CCN.shtml

Took me a while to find that page - I knew it was there somewhere but finding it....

You could also sign up for the (free) BC Chess Federation Newsletter. Back copies and instructions how to subscribe are at: http://www.chess.bc.ca/bcbulletin.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Baljeu View Post

Hi Alan,

Yes, send the CFC your email address and you will receive the newsletter every month while your membership is active. info@chess.ca

If you want back issues, I can send them to you. Send me an email at tficzere@telus.net

Comment

Working...
          X