Possible Sponsor for Chess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Director of Fundraising ( CFC Non-executive Officer Position )

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Hi Kevin:

I would only note that despite the concern often expressed on the discussion boards ( CFC & CMA ), about the lack of chess sponsorship, no one has come forward for years to try to take on the problem, as Director of Fundraising.

Is it just too great a task? Does no one feel up to trying to make progress on this front?

CFC could certainly use a volunteer for this position, to try to commence efforts re chess sponsorship.

Bob
    ( http://www.twitter.com/ChessPleb )
    Not sure how useful anyone with the CFC may find the following link (and the links that it contains within), but I found it after searching for "grants for non profit organizations":

http://www.fundsnetservices.com/
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Re: Director of Fundraising ( CFC Non-executive Officer Position )

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
      Not sure how useful anyone with the CFC may find the following link (and the links that it contains within), but I found it after searching for "grants for non profit organizations":

http://www.fundsnetservices.com/
      From one of the links inside the quoted link above, here's a link describing Air Canada's corporate donations policies:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/community/
      Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
      Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Re: Possible Sponsor for Chess?

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
        What benefit would he get from sponsoring chess?
        The point here is that the group is using chess to promote their company, and associate positive attributes to chess. As such there is a greater probability that such a company could be convinced to sponsoring a chess event, as opposed to say a company that uses girls in bikinis.

BTW, SOMETIMES people and companies sponsor things for no other reason than because they want to. If people ONLY contributed to organizations that directly benefited them, then groups like the United Way would be in big trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
          The point here is that the group is using chess to promote their company, and associate positive attributes to chess. As such there is a greater probability that such a company could be convinced to sponsoring a chess event, as opposed to say a company that uses girls in bikinis.
          The fact that he used chess in an ad is not sufficient evidence to conclude that he likes chess.

BTW, SOMETIMES people and companies sponsor things for no other reason than because they want to. If people ONLY contributed to organizations that directly benefited them, then groups like the United Way would be in big trouble.
          Exactly, and the CFC has never understood this in how they approach people. The idea that this person would sponsor a chess tourney simply because he used chess in an ad is just another example of this misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
            The fact that he used chess in an ad is not sufficient evidence to conclude that he likes chess.
            Read what I said. I didn't CONCLUDE that the firm likes chess. I stated that there is a greater probability.

This is all conjecture, and as such the argument is meaningless. If anyone wants to prove me right or wrong, simply contact the firm. If I'm wrong, then someone has wasted 5-10 minutes of their time. If I'm right, then we have a sponsor for a chess event in Atlantic Canada.

Yeesh, point out a possible opportunity and what does it get you?:(

Comment

Working...
            X