Non-chess News: Toronto Raptors win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-chess News: Toronto Raptors win

Just when the NBA season is approaching its end, the Toronto Raptors managed a hard earned win 102-98. Can't believe my eyes, watching the screen, and hoping the Raptors do things right.

Yetserday's game vs the Chicago Bulls was also a good game but the Raptors faltered in the endgame.

Whew! So happy with the win! Want to celebrate tomorrow lunch in the Japanese Restaurant in Sheppard + McCowan.

Re: Non-chess News: Toronto Raptors win

The better question is how many times do they lose... :D
    Shameless self-promotion on display here
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
      Just when the NBA season is approaching its end, the Toronto Raptors managed a hard earned win 102-98. Can't believe my eyes, watching the screen, and hoping the Raptors do things right.
      Imagine how Oilers fans felt watching us beat the Canucks!

Comment

Raptors have been a mess since CB left. The big talk is the Leafs,one of the best records since All Star Break. To make playoffs they must win their last 3 games,but Rangers must lose their last 3.

Comment

Who are the Raptors? Are they a chess club? What is this doing on a chess site?:)
          Next thing you know, Trontonians will be blogging about the Maple Leaves! Be grateful. At least they are better than the Senators.

Comment

Toronto,centre of the hockey universe,have to now win all 3 games,Buffalo lose all 3 games then Leafs are in due to their better record against Buffalo.Slim to none of that happening....

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
              Who are the Raptors? Are they a chess club? What is this doing on a chess site?:)
              Next thing you know, Trontonians will be blogging about the Maple Leaves! Be grateful. At least they are better than the Senators.
              Hi Guys,

@Bindi: The Toronto Raptors lose 4 out of every 5 games. Their wins come as rare as the May rains in Manila.

@David: Restaurants/Sports Bar/grill in Edmonton must be booming whenever the Oilers wins over the Canucks.

@John: You're not only a good chess teacher of CMA but also sports minded.

@Gordon: My sons asked me why i cheer for the Toronto Raptors - a basketball team competing in the National Basketball Association that is based in Toronto. I answered, "why not, it is my city. Sometimes i would cheer for the LA LAkers when things are down".

In chesstalk, we have climate change. Sometime ago someone talked about time share. Lately, i was almost tempted to start a thread about making money -through investment with Canadian real estate developers. And Chesstalk, with all those players with experience and highly analytical skills, is a very good site to gather opinions on the business side of things.

To start with, i invested a small amount in a time share with an international company who is building a hotel in the Bahamas. 12% annual return. And i can exit afer 3 years. What is not clear to me is the manner of my exit. Maybe i need someone to buy my time share. What if no one buys it? Will i get stuck with my investment?

One of the come ons used in the promo was that i can stay for 1 week every year free in the hotel. By the way, this is where Tiger Woods got married. But this 1 week free vacation is only when the hotel is built already, not in the first 3 years of your investment.
              Last edited by Erwin Casareno; Tuesday, 5th April, 2011, 11:27 AM. Reason: additional ino

Comment

Originally posted by John Henry View Post
                Buffalo lose all 3 games ... Slim to none of that happening....
                Buffalo has to lose all their three games in regulation time.
                As a radio host put it this morning: " Leafs' chances to make it into the play-offs are about the same as the chances of Gilles Duceppe of being the next prime minister of Canada!"

Comment

Originally posted by Emil Smilovici View Post
                  Buffalo has to lose all their three games in regulation time.
                  As a radio host put it this morning: " Leafs' chances to make it into the play-offs are about the same as the chances of Gilles Duceppe of being the next prime minister of Canada!"
                  When I last watched the Leafs win the Stanley Cup I never thought it would likely be the last time I'd get to see it happen.

The Senators traded Carrie. Remember what happened to Boston after they traded The Babe.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Jays for playoffs lol
                    Shameless self-promotion on display here
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
                      Jays for playoffs lol
                      Jays were champions three years in a row. They won the world series twice and then the strike left them defending champions for the third year.
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Its all over for the Toronto Maple Leafs after Tuesday night's defeat.
                        And so are the Toronto Raptors. They are supposed to devour the opponents......now, all that is left is the kicking.

Comment

Leafs lost out before their game was over-Buffalo won.Raptors made a huge error in not re-signing CB and let him go.Jays in most competitive division in BB-will miss playoffs again.Solution-change division or increase payroll to 200 million! FC-no threat,the Whitecaps own them.And the Argos-maybe best value for fan in ticket prices,but the Buffalo nightmare is a joke ....

Comment

Originally posted by John Henry View Post
                            Raptors made a huge error in not re-signing CB and let him go.
                            I didn't think money was the problem. I thought it was that CB wanted to go to the Heat to play with Wade and James. CB is averaging under 20 points a game this season which is low for him and I think his rebounds are also off as are his assists and blocks. Possibly CB made a huge mistake in not re-signing.
                            Gary Ruben
                            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Toronto Raptors lose again to Philadelphia Sixers 98-93.

That means no buffet tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X