GM Igor Rausis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Igor Rausis

It might easily be overlooked in the info-load of the other thread, but among the participants at Victoria, starting in two days (today is Wednesday, event starts Friday evening), the Grand Pacific Open, is GM Igor Rausis, who now represents the Czech Republic.

Top players are:

1 GM Igor Rausis NEW CFC 2489
    2 FM John C [Jack] Yoos 107994 2452
    3 WFM Valeria Gansvind 135048 2318
    4 WGM Nino Maisuradze 2296
    5 IM Lawrence Day 101024 2278

Quite a mixture by gender, title, and geography!

Re: GM Igor Rausis

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
    It might easily be overlooked in the info-load of the other thread, but among the participants at Victoria, starting in two days (today is Wednesday, event starts Friday evening), the Grand Pacific Open, is GM Igor Rausis, who now represents the Czech Republic.
    Is he the GM whose wife is a top correspondence player? I forget her name. Must be a senior's moment.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      Is he the GM whose wife is a top correspondence player? I forget her name. Must be a senior's moment.
      Olita Rause (and not the one on facebook). She's also an arbiter. At Calvia 2004, we happened to chat about CC, which was a coincidence, as neither knew that the other was a CC player. Was, the operative word for me. Here is an article from 1998 about her CC prowess. Not just a GMC, but rated top in the world, at least for a while.

Comment

GM Rausis will kick off this year's GPO with a Simul Thursday evening at the Hotel Grand Pacific at 7pm $10 for children $20 for adults Just 10 tickets left on eventbrite www.gm2011simul.eventbrite.com

We are over 100 now at the GPO www.grandpacificopen.com

Comment

Yes. Olita Rause. She is a very good chess player. She won a world cup, which ended in the early 90's before chess computers were very strong. Also played and scored well in GM events.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Jonathan, are you planning to come down here for the tournamentÉ
            Paul Leblanc
            Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Raymer View Post
              GM Rausis will kick off this year's GPO with a Simul Thursday evening at the Hotel Grand Pacific at 7pm $10 for children $20 for adults Just 10 tickets left on eventbrite www.gm2011simul.eventbrite.com

We are over 100 now at the GPO www.grandpacificopen.com
              WOW!!!

Brian,

Is that a record for this event?

I obviously did not not send you enough stuff to sell :(

I should know better!

You are awesome!

Larry

Comment

5th Annual Grand Pacific Open - Another attendance record shattered

Yes this is another record. Last year as well. We have grown from 40 players to 100 in just 5 years. I think the TD, Hotel Grand Pacific, our sponsors, the organizing committee, along with our loyal fans are the secret to our success.
                www.grandpacificopen.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
                  Jonathan, are you planning to come down here for the tournament?
                  No plans at the moment, Paul.

Comment

GM Igor Rausis Simul last night at the Hotel Grand Pacific

GM Rausis was undefeated in his simul against 14 opponents. The side events start this morning at 10am. Round 1 of the GPO starts at 6pm. We still have room for a few more on site registrations. Email if you are coming or register on line www.grandpacificopen.com grandpacificopen@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X