CDN Closed - Monroi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CDN Closed - Monroi - Round 9 game GM Bator Sambuev wins last game to clinch!

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
    Is there not a tie-break play-off?
    Yes, a one game Active. The schedule says to be played after round 9. Hope it is broadcast, should be exciting.

Comment

• Re: CDN Closed - Monroi

The playoff between Hansen and Sambuev is currently underway. Head over to the MonRoi website to catch the live broadcast.

Comment

It looks like no IM titles will be earned at the Closed - unless Calugar can win a drawn Q+P's ending.

Comment

• Re: CDN Closed - First Place Tie-Break

Here is what I just posted on the CFC " News " Forum, based on my understanding of what is to happen:

There will now have to be a play-off for first place between Sambuev and Hansen:

Section 8 of the CFC Handbook: Canadian Championship:

"810. Tie Break:

Should two or more players finish the tournament with the same number of points then in order to determine an outright winner, a tie-break based on the result of a shorter game using a sudden death time control of 30 minutes per player shall be used. If a Fischer clock is available it shall be used with a per move bonus of 10 seconds.

In the case of two players tying, there will be a single game tie-break with colours being chosen by lot. If the game is a draw colours will be reversed. If both of the first two games are drawn then the time control shall be shortened to 15 minutes per player with a per move bonus of 10 seconds per move, if a Fischer clock is available. Games will continue at this time control with alternation of colours until one game is won.

In the case of 3, 4 or 5 players tying, there will be a single round robin using a time control of 30 minutes per player with a per move bonus of 10 seconds per move, if a Fischer clock is available. There will be a further playoff by the winners of the round robin in the case of a further tie except the time control for this subsequent play-off shall be 15 minutes per player with a per move bonus of 10 seconds per move, if a Fischer clock is available.

In all other cases the CFC President shall decide upon the format for breaking the tie. "

Bob

P.S. Thanks to Egis for drawing this section out of the Handbook, section 8, Canadian Championship.

Comment

• Re: CDN Closed - Monroi -- DRAW!

Originally posted by Michael von Keitz View Post
            The playoff between Hansen and Sambuev is currently underway. Head over to the MonRoi website to catch the live broadcast.
            [Event "2011 Canadian Closed"]
            [Site "Guelph"]
            [Date "2011.05.10"]
            [Round "9"]
            [White "Hansen2, Eric2"]
            [Black "Sambuev2, Bator2"]
            [Result "1/2-1/2"]
            [WhiteELO "2572"]
            [WhiteTitle "IM"]
            [BlackELO "2750"]
            [BlackTitle "GM"]
            [Source "MonRoi"]

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.h3 O-O 5.e4 d6 6.Nf3 a6 7.Bg5 c5 8.d5 b5 9.cxb5 h6 10.Bd2 e6 11.dxe6 Bxe6 12.bxa6 Nxa6 13.Be2 Nb4 14.a3 Nc6 15.O-O Qb6 16.Rb1 Bb3 17.Qc1 Kh7 18.Be3 Rfe8 19.Nd2 Nd4 20.Bd3 Nd7 21.Nxb3 Nxb3 22.Qd1 Ne5 23.Bb5 Nd4 24.Bxe8 Rxe8 25.b4 Qd8 26.bxc5 dxc5 27.Na4 Qh4 28.f3 Rd8 29.Qe1 Qh5 30.Qf2 Nd3 31.Qa2 c4 32.Qxc4 Ne2 33.Kh1 Ng3 34.Kh2 Nxf1 35.Rxf1 Ne5 36.Qc2 Qh4 37.Nb6 Rd3 38.Qf2 Qxf2 39.Bxf2 Rxa3 40.Bg3 Rb3 41.Nd5 f5 42.exf5 gxf5 43.Ne7 Bf6 44.Nxf5 Kg6 45.Nd6 Rb2 46.Ne4 Bg7 47.f4 Re2 48.Nc3 Ng4 49.hxg4 Bxc3 50.Rc1 Bf6 51.Kh3 Ra2 52.Bh4 Bxh4 53.Kxh4 Rxg2 54.Rc6 Kg7 55.Ra6 Rh2 56.Kg3 Rb2 57.f5 Rb1 58.Ra7 Kf6 59.Rh7 Rg1 60.Kf3 Rh1 61.Kg3 Rg1 62.Kf3 Rh1 63.Kg2 Rh4 64.Kg3 Rh1 65.Rh8 Kg7 66.Ra8 Rg1 67.Kf3 Rf1 68.Kg2 Rb1 69.Ra7 Kf6 70.Rh7 Kg5 71.Rg7 Kf4 72.f6 Rb8 73.Rg6 Rf8 74.Kh3 Ke5 75.Rxh6 Rxf6 76.Rh8 Ke6 77.Kh4 Kf7 78.Kh5 Ra6 79.Rh7 Kg8 80.Rb7 Rc6 1/2-1/2

Comment

Wow, Calugar...

Comment

• Re: CDN Closed - Monroi GM Bator Sambuev wins 2011 Canadian Closed Chess Championship

Originally posted by Michael von Keitz View Post
                [Event "2011 Canadian Closed"]
                [Site "Guelph"]
                [Date "2011.05.10"]
                [Round "9"]
                [White "Sambuev3, Bator3"]
                [Black "Hansen3, Eric3"]
                [Result "1-0"]
                [WhiteELO "2572"]
                [WhiteTitle "GM"]
                [BlackELO "2572"]
                [BlackTitle "IM"]
                [Source "MonRoi"]

1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 e6 3.e3 d5 4.Bd3 Bd6 5.b3 Nbd7 6.Bb2 O-O 7.O-O c5 8.Ne5 b6 9.f4 Bb7 10.Nd2 Ne4 11.Bxe4 dxe4 12.Ndc4 Be7 13.Nxd7 Qxd7 14.dxc5 Qxd1 15.Rfxd1 Bxc5 16.Ba3 Rfc8 17.Bxc5 Rxc5 18.Nd6 Rc7 19.c4 Bc6 20.Rd4 f5 21.Rad1 Kf8 22.a4 Ke7 23.Nb5 Rd7 24.Nc3 Rc7 25.Kf2 Rf8 26.Ra1 Kf6 27.a5 Rb8 28.b4 bxa5 29.b5 Be8 30.Rxa5 Rbc8 31.Ra4 a6 32.Rxa6 Rxc4 33.Nd5 Kf7 34.Ra7 Kf8 35.Rxc4 Rxc4 36.Nc7 Ke7 37.b6 Rc2 38.Kg3 Rb2 39.Na6 1-0

Final Round Victory over Michael Kleinman lead to tie-break victory over IM Eric Hansen!

Congratulations to the new Canadian Closed Champion GM Bator Sambuev!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
                  What a great tournament for Newfoundlander Morgon Mills who finishes with 5-4 and a TPR probably over 2400, almost 350 points over his CFC rating ! There is some chess outside of Ontario...
                  Thanks, Jean! I am very proud to represent Newfoundland and Labrador, and obviously very happy with the best chess result of my life. One of the most rewarding parts is that players and friends from around the country have been following the games and scores.

However, I should say that I am actually not a Newfoundlander (I was born in Ontario and lived there until 3 1/2 years ago, and have lived in Labrador since then).

Comment

Originally posted by Morgon Mills View Post
                    However, I should say that I am actually not a Newfoundlander (I was born in Ontario and lived there until 3 1/2 years ago, and have lived in Labrador since then).
                    Three and a half years should be more than enough to become a Newfoundlander. Bator has been living in Quebec for much less than that and he is quite a Quebecer already... winning the Closed in line with Quebec tradition. :)

Comment

And what does name calling make you chief ?
                      I would hardly say I was name calling. It would just be a little more appropriate to give props once in a while than to constantly sling mud.
                      Last edited by Nicholas O'Bumsawin; Wednesday, 11th May, 2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

At Jean,

Does it make you feel like more of a man by calling aboriginals "Chief". You talk name calling yet your are making puns yourself. Maybe you should watch your words a little more. Or maybe even better. Do this site and many others a favour by not posting on here anymore.

Best Regards,

D.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Lalonde View Post
                          Does it make you feel like more of a man by calling aboriginals "Chief". You talk name calling yet your are making puns yourself.
                          There are so much better things to call Jean to task for than this harmless comment. I'm sure he has no idea who that guy is or if he is aboriginal or not (I can't say his name looks particularly so), so I'm not sure why you assume this is the case, or that there is malicious intent here.

Comment

If you had played in any of the ten Montreal International or in the Quebec Open Invitational of the last couple of years or even on the top boards of some Quebec weekenders, you would have played with wooden sets.
                            How quaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Lalonde View Post
                              Does it make you feel like more of a man by calling aboriginals "Chief". You talk name calling yet your are making puns yourself. Maybe you should watch your words a little more. Or maybe even better. Do this site and many others a favour by not posting on here anymore.
                              I will respectfully disregard your advice, chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas O'Bumsawin View Post
                                I would hardly say I was name calling. It would just be a little more appropriate to give props once in a while than to constantly sling mud.
                                If I'd call you "young fool" would that be name calling to you ? You are in no position to teach lessons here. Who are you on the canadian chess scene ? Listen and learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X