Congratulations to GM Bator Sambuev!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to GM Bator Sambuev!

The news deserves more than a footnote post among another 110 posts in a previous thread.
    Bator played really entertaining chess, always on the edge. Just another confirmation of his CFC rating and multiple tornament wins.

Congratulations to GM Bator Sambuev!

Congrats to GM Sambuev for a gutsy performance! I really liked his fighting style throughout the tournament. Good Luck in the World Cup in August !

I thought Eric Hansen played the most consistent chess and probably deserved a better fate. He looked raking in his first playoff game especially after he won the exchange " Bb5 cutting off the protection of the knight and tapping the rook on e8". I thought for sure he had that one wrapped up but Bator showed why he is such a tough fighter and held the draw.

The future of Canadian chess looks bright with young players such as Noritsyn, Panjawani, Gerzhoy, Hansen and company. The Olympiad team should receive a nice injection of talent in the coming years..

Congrats to Hal and Team for a great event ! I wish I could have been there to see some of the action live but followed closely on Mon Roi..

all the best

Eddie Urquhart

Comment

Re: Congratulations to GM Bator Sambuev!

Congratulations to GM Bator Sambuev for his very interesting and brave playing and his very good performance overall, including first place in this competition!

Comment

Congratulations to Bator and of course to our own Eric Hansen who put Alberta on the map!!!

From what I understand, Bator won't be able to go to the world cup, thus Eric will be our representative.

Comment

Congratulations to Bator (2x) & Eric, and all others.

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
          From what I understand, Bator won't be able to go to the world cup
          As I understand his non-participation is connected to a 5kEuro FIDE transfer fee.
          Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Wednesday, 11th May, 2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Re : Congratulations to GM Bator Sambuev!

Isn't he already listed as Canadian?

Comment

Re: Re : Congratulations to GM Bator Sambuev!

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
              Isn't he already listed as Canadian?
              Date of eligibility to participate in the FIDE events under the new flag 2010-10-16
              Transfer fee Euro 5000
              Date starting from which a player can represent the new federation fee free 2011-10-16

http://ratings.fide.com/fedchange.phtml?year=2010

Comment

Re: Re : Congratulations to GM Bator Sambuev!

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                Date of eligibility to participate in the FIDE events under the new flag 2010-10-16
                Transfer fee Euro 5000
                Date starting from which a player can represent the new federation fee free 2011-10-16

http://ratings.fide.com/fedchange.phtml?year=2010
                Surely the CFC and FQE will join together and pay the transfer fee to have our champion represent us at the World Cup. How could it be otherwise ? :)

Comment

I'm not clear that would make him eligible, Jean, given the dates metioned above. Does anyone have a definitve answer to this question?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                    I'm not clear that would make him eligible, Jean, given the dates metioned above. Does anyone have a definitve answer to this question?
                    If a sum of 5kE was paid, he could play since 2010-10-16.
                    No 5k >> 2011-10-16. It makes him eligible for an Olympiad at least without a fee (e.g., a penalty)

Anyway, I would like to hear from Bator about his plans. Do you plan to go? :)
                    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Thursday, 12th May, 2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Let me understand this. Bator was allowed to play in the Canadian Closed of which the top prize included a trip to the World Cup, and he one the tournament. I guess the question arises what is the Federation going to do to ensure Bator is able to compete in the World Cup?

Comment

We weren't playing for the WC spot. Before the playoff games it was agreed that the Olympiad spot and title were on the line but that I would take the WC spot.

Comment

Agreed to by whom? Was this a decision between you and Bator, Eric? Was this a decision of the CFC executive? I just want to understand this since the executive has not apprised the Governors of the situation.

Comment

Yes it was a decision between us. Hal was present and understood/approved.

Comment

Actually when Hal asked me about tie-break I said it's unlikely that I will play in World Cup because I have no 5000Euro. I offered to give up me title without tie-break to take WC spot. Also Hal said me that CFC will try to solve this problem with FIDE. I never gave up my spot in WC.

Comment

Working...
                              X