A Belated Anniversary Congratulations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Belated Anniversary Congratulations...

... to the province of Saskatchewan, Canada's 6th most populous. Looks like its been over two years since their last CFC-rated tournament.
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Re: A Belated Anniversary Congratulations...

I believe there was one internet match with some Saskatooners vs Calgary this year. It's listed under Alberta because the loser had to pay the fees.

http://www.chess.ca/xtableSQL.asp?TNum=201103034

Last year Jamin Gluckie's Battle at the Border was held in Lloydminster 2 blocks from the Saskatchewan border and had a dozen or so players from that province (along with Nakamura, Charbonneau, and Hansen). It is also listed as an Alberta event even but recieved support from both provinces.

http://www.chess.ca/xtableSQL.asp?TNum=201009008

But other than that there hasn't been anything since early 2009. I know of one junior who is anxious to get something going - there must be others.

Comment

a hue hue hue
      i rep back 3+

Comment

So Saska doesn't play chess for two years, yet beat the hyper-active Calgary club. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Baljeu View Post
          So Saska doesn't play chess for two years, yet beat the hyper-active Calgary club. Wow!
          It's not that Saskatchewan players don't play, just no events there. While Sasata doesn't play too oftern, MacKinnon and Gluckie are reasonably active.

Yes, they beat us, no question about it.

I would love to see Saskatchewan get back on the map again and run some events. I would be willing to help any way I can. If the timing is right, I'm sure a number of Alberta players would play in Sask.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Baljeu View Post
            My family is all from Kincaid. Calgary is fortunate I didn't play or they would have gotten beat even worse. GO ROUGHRIDERS!

Comment

Eric:

I actually ran into two of your cousins in North Battleford the other day.

Pleasant folks.
              i rep back 3+

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Me View Post
                Eric:

I actually ran into two of your cousins in North Battleford the other day.

Pleasant folks.
                I haven't had the pleasure of meeting these cousins of yours yet, Eric. Surprising considering the small population here. :D
                Last edited by Keith MacKinnon; Friday, 3rd June, 2011, 08:04 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                X