CFC Presidential Election (from Fees thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Presidential Election (from Fees thread)

Any candidates for CFC President out there?

Re: New membership dues & rating fees

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Any candidates for CFC President out there?
    What happened to the part where the governors meet and elect someone from amongst themselves? :)
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

The governors still elect the President, Gary. I'm curious if there are any "declared" candidates.
      Last edited by Ken Craft; Wednesday, 1st June, 2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Candidate for CFC Secretary?

Hi Ken:

One governor, who shall remain nameless, mused a number of months ago about running for CFC Secretary! Do you know if this nameless governor is going to now " declare "?

Bob

Comment

I think he is still musing, Bob.:)

Comment

The governors still elect the President, Gary. I'm curious if there are any "declared" candidates.
            I'm pleased to hear there are governors being elected who can fill any position in the organization. Surely from the multitude of governors there should emerge an outstanding candidate.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

It doesn't have to be a Governor, Gary.

Comment

It doesn't have to be a Governor, Gary.
                Then it shouldn't be hard to find someone. For myself, I haven't done anything to "deserve" the position of President.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Oh, I'm sure you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                    I'm pleased to hear there are governors being elected who can fill any position in the organization. Surely from the multitude of governors there should emerge an outstanding candidate.
                    It probably has been a long time since anybody has left the office of CFC President with a positive vibe for their time served.

Last year was nice as we had a good candidate declare his intentions two or three months before the AGM. Right now a number of us are getting a little bit scared that nobody is going to step forward to have the badge pinned on them (old Western metaphor).

My time might come for the job, but I don't see it happening at least until all of the kids have moved out of the house (ca 5 years), and probably not even until retirement (7-12 years).

I have no idea how many hours Bob spent on the phone this year, I'd guess in the order of 400 hours, and I have no stomach for that, although I can e-mail until the cows come home (or my wife takes our shared laptop away).

Comment

I had a prof at Carleton(1985) who in our first seminar class informed us of the following " I had a phone in my office but it rand so I had it taken out."

ETA: It might be a good rule for CFC presidents.
                      Last edited by Ken Craft; Wednesday, 1st June, 2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                        Last year was nice as we had a good candidate declare his intentions two or three months before the AGM. Right now a number of us are getting a little bit scared that nobody is going to step forward to have the badge pinned on them (old Western metaphor).
                        Well, in this area it's a tail that gets pinned on. (Old kids game. )

Taking a run for the position in 7 to 12 years on retirement is a great goal but you have to consider. Can the organization wait that long?

Then there's the psychological effect. Anyone taking the job in the interim might simply want to leave enough things for you to do. Why do stuff Fred can do in a few years?

If you don't mind me asking, why would you want a post which requires building up a membership, amongst other things, after you retire? Building the membership was my job with the CCCA 30 or so years ago and I figure it's a younger persons job. You have to be a salesman and be able to appeal to the age group you want to target (in my opinion).
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Possible Woodwork Candidates

Hi Ken:

Nice to know the thought process is still current!

Let me know if he decides to take the plunge - then a declaration would be appreciated by all the nameless governor supporters!:)

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                            Well, in this area it's a tail that gets pinned on. (Old kids game. )

Taking a run for the position in 7 to 12 years on retirement is a great goal but you have to consider. Can the organization wait that long?

Then there's the psychological effect. Anyone taking the job in the interim might simply want to leave enough things for you to do. Why do stuff Fred can do in a few years?

If you don't mind me asking, why would you want a post which requires building up a membership, amongst other things, after you retire? Building the membership was my job with the CCCA 30 or so years ago and I figure it's a younger persons job. You have to be a salesman and be able to appeal to the age group you want to target (in my opinion).
                            I never said I wanted the post, only that I wasn't in any position to take it on at this point in time, as the question has come up. In fact I did run for President once, although it was more for some competition for the incumbent at the time.

Comment

So is the next President coming from Ontario again? They do have the largest bloc of Governors.

Comment

Working...
                              X