Chess tournaments for kids in summer in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess tournaments for kids in summer in Toronto

A lot of parents has expressed interest in kiddie chess tournaments for the summer in Toronto. They want to keep their kids in fien form as well as to put into test and practice what they have learned in their classes with CMA.

Can we organize some tournaments for these kids?

The parents enjoy shopping in Strategy games using the gift certificates won b their kids......

Re: Chess tournaments for kids in summer in Toronto

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post

Yes, you can :)

You could accommodate about 20 players downstairs at the Strategy Store.

Comment

There are chess tournaments for kids in summer in Toronto and Thornhill

Oriole Chess Club runs junior tournaments every Sunday.
      http://www.chess-math.org/calendar/?...2&date=2011-07
      Or email:
      ochessclub@rogers.com

The Knights of Chess
      http://sites.google.com/site/theknig...ildren-youth-1

Comment

honestly i think every kid should get just get icc, it's way better than kid tournaments, I mean it's not like they use more than 10 minutes per game anyway
        Shameless self-promotion on display here
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
          A lot of parents has expressed interest in kiddie chess tournaments for the summer in Toronto. They want to keep their kids in fien form as well as to put into test and practice what they have learned in their classes with CMA.

The parents enjoy shopping in Strategy games using the gift certificates won b their kids......
          There's an under 1600 section at the Canadian Open, or, in the day time, a chess camp with Grandmasters. Why not bring the kids there!

Comment

Chess & Math in Toronto is running 5 chess camps this Summer.Check web site for dates. All will have rated tournaments.

Comment

The Canadian Open is a really special event and we don't know when it will be in Toronto again. Even if not playing, the lectures and simults will be fun for those who don't have to go to a day job.

The daytime camp is also really special because students will get a chance to play with Grandmasters, and after chess go the island. The pictures of last year's camp are on monroi's website. It's a fantastic once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for kids and I'm disappointed that more chess teachers aren't telling their students about it. I think there should be 100 kids clambering at the door to get in. I'm not involved in the camp, nor aware of any marketing promotions but I suspect that chess teachers don't want to risk losing any income and are not sharing their students - get your own! I hope that there could be some future large learning event where all teachers perhaps get a commission or something so that they can all work together.

Comment

Working...
              X