Who should be barred from ChessTalk (poll)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be barred from ChessTalk (poll)

Here's a list of persons that perehaps should be barred from posting here:

Charles Manson ___

George W Bush ___

Stephen Harper ___

Ben Daswani ___

Gar Ruben ___

Re: Who should be barred from ChessTalk (poll)

Vlad,

If you were a bit more high profile and colourful your chess club might have more members. In reality, you're not and your club doesn't.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      Vlad,

If you were a bit more high profile and colourful your chess club might have more members. In reality, you're not and your club doesn't.
      Oops, methinks you just took the bait...
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Unsubmitted BGC Tournament

Hi Vlad:

Speaking of banning.........

What happened to BGC RR # 117 ( the 10-player RR ) ??? You said to me two weeks ago you were going to deem the outstanding games of the tournament " unplayed " and were sending in the tournament for rating. Here it is two updates later ( Oct. 1 has been done ) and no tournament submitted.

Not great when the last round was played August 19 !!:(

I'm sure I'm not the only player/ club member who had expected it to be rated some time ago.

Bob

Comment

Been let out of the dungeon long enough to write this post.I

I'd say the quality of Chesstalk has diminished since the new format change which coincided with the re-introduction of the CFC Discussion group, which I considered unneccesary, other than the Governors section.

Very few voices on the new Chesstalk with a handful predominating.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
            I'd say the quality of Chesstalk has diminished since the new format change which coincided with the re-introduction of the CFC Discussion group, which I considered unneccesary, other than the Governors section.

Very few voices on the new Chesstalk with a handful predominating.
            I think you've said that before. I don't know exactly what it is that you want. If you didn't want to read a thread on who should be banned from Chess Talk you wouldn't have clicked on it.

There are people who entertain and people who like to be entertained. To find out what's entertaining the views of the topics and number of posts they contain should give a fair idea.

Vlad, for all that he put me on such a crummy list with a bunch of right wing incompetents and one chess patser, is an entertainer.

If you want to write about something why not start a topic?
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

If you banned Gary Ruben from Chess Talk, both the quality and the number of posts would go up.

I don't think it has much to do with the new format. But it's no longer a place where you can discuss chess, much less anything serious.

Comment

I would never vote to ban Gary Rubin. He would have understood the reason his name is on the list once the voting appeared! Unfortunately posting a poll seems to be beyond my level of computerese and my work got posted inadvertently without the voting option:(

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Harper View Post
                  If you banned Gary Ruben from Chess Talk, both the quality and the number of posts would go up.

I don't think it has much to do with the new format. But it's no longer a place where you can discuss chess, much less anything serious.
                  Hi Bruce,

I notice Vlad spelled your first name wrong in his post.

Let's get past that though and look at your contention we can't discuss chess. I was willing to seriously discuss the weakness of the French Winawer. It quickly turned into a joke when certain people got more interested in ridiculing than looking at lines and so forth. Maybe that rings a bell with you.

Is also became impossible to seriously discuss the weakness of the Sicilian 4. ... a6 variation.

It's not that people can't or won't discuss chess here. The problem is that it's not worth the aggrevation. People who don't have the ability to supply analysis simply ridicule with blanket statements.

I think you should be banned. You seem to have an unhealty preoccupation with me judging by how often your write my name. As a test, how often do I drag your name into discussions?
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I notice Vlad spelled your first name wrong in his post.
                    Just wondering, have you noticed "your" first name lacks the last letter?

Comment

Point made. Interfering with others is his hobby.

But I will happily delete this site's URL from my computer. If others do the same, Mr. Ruben can talk to himself on ChessTalk, as well as at home.

Comment

I think you've said that before. I don't know exactly what it is that you want. If you didn't want to read a thread on who should be banned from Chess Talk you wouldn't have clicked on it.

There are people who entertain and people who like to be entertained. To find out what's entertaining the views of the topics and number of posts they contain should give a fair idea.

Vlad, for all that he put me on such a crummy list with a bunch of right wing incompetents and one chess patser, is an entertainer.

If you want to write about something why not start a topic?
                        Joke: What's the difference between Ben Daswani and Gary Ruben?

Answer: Ben Daswani is rated over 2000, whereas Gary Ruben is an old man with health problems that could prove to be terminal. OWNED.
                        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                          Just wondering, have you noticed "your" first name lacks the last letter?
                          Yes. I've known Vlad from at least the 1970's and respect him as one of our good chess authors, players and organizers over a lot of years.

A bit of chain yanking back and forth should not be taken seriously.
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
                            Joke: What's the difference between Ben Daswani and Gary Ruben?

Answer: Ben Daswani is rated over 2000, whereas Gary Ruben is an old man with health problems that could prove to be terminal. OWNED.
                            Maybe I don't find it funny because nobody is guaranteed tomorrow. A few weeks ago I was at the funeral of a boy who used to live next door. I knew him from when he was a baby. He was under 30 when he passed away. Someone else who writes here also attended the funeral.

There's a young guy down the street I talk to when I walk the dog. He's 21 and not obese but he's recovering from a heart attack.

Being old isn't bad. It's better than the alternative.
                            Gary Ruben
                            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Harper View Post
                              Point made. Interfering with others is his hobby.

But I will happily delete this site's URL from my computer. If others do the same, Mr. Ruben can talk to himself on ChessTalk, as well as at home.
                              I don't know where that about talking to myself at home came from. I've been married for more than 40 years. I'm easy to get along with.
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                              X