NIC 2011/4 Anyone get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIC 2011/4 Anyone get it?

Did anyone get the latest issue yet? The postal strike seems to be having an effect far beyond what I would have expected.

Re: NIC 2011/4 Anyone get it?

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
    Did anyone get the latest issue yet? The postal strike seems to be having an effect far beyond what I would have expected.
    Hi Neil,

We get our copies from the U.S. distributor and as of last week, they had not arrived in North America...so I don't think the postal strike is the culprit this time.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
      Nope! What I am finding regarding the postal strike is that items mailed after the strike arrive quickly, but, those mailed before the strike are still coming. I guess they have decided to handle current items immediately and work off the backlog as they can. I am seeing/hearing the same thing regarding items I have mailed after the strike.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
        Nope! What I am finding regarding the postal strike is that items mailed after the strike arrive quickly, but, those mailed before the strike are still coming. I guess they have decided to handle current items immediately and work off the backlog as they can. I am seeing/hearing the same thing regarding items I have mailed after the strike.
        I agree Ken, although I got a book from California this past week that had been mailed June 2. I also got another that was sent from Ulster only 1 week ago!

Thanks for the info Larry. I can't remember when the website said it was in the mail, but I would have thought it would be here. I'll just need to be patient - not an easy trait to master when my NIC is late! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
          Hi Neil,

We get our copies from the U.S. distributor and as of last week, they had not arrived in North America...so I don't think the postal strike is the culprit this time.

Larry
          Are you carrying all the issues now Larry? If so, what is the CMA price?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
            Hi Neil,

Larry
            I think I heard on the news at the time Canada Post locked out the workers, other countries began holding all mail for Canada (because there was no way to receive it). Likely the local backlogs would be processed before they dug into the international backlog...
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

same for me - I received (recently) a couple of books ordered around June 10 - both from England (actually).
              But no NIC 2011/4 - ordered (and paid) on June 14 - when NIC had a free shipping special.
              Last edited by Emil Smilovici; Saturday, 16th July, 2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                I think I heard on the news at the time Canada Post locked out the workers, other countries began holding all mail for Canada (because there was no way to receive it).
                I thought the rotating strikes had disrupted the mail to the point where trying to keep the mails flowing was not viable. The government sure put an end to it.

Last week the government solved the mail strike. Next week they'll work on bailing out the American debt crisis. Onward and upward, which reminds me. The also solved the Air Canada strike. I'm an Air Canada shareholder and I was just starting to enjoy that strike.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

If it is the one with Kamsky on the front, I received it yesterday (friday) in Vancouver

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Hoshizaki View Post
                    If it is the one with Kamsky on the front, I received it yesterday (friday) in Vancouver
                    That's an old one. The current one has a picture of Fischer.

http://www.newinchess.com/Shop/Produ...?ProductID=473

Comment

Sorry, that's the one I meant. It has a picture of Fischer and an interview with Kamsky...

Comment

Working...
                      X