2011 Toronto Labour Day Tournament - Register Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Toronto Labour Day Tournament - Register Now

Originally Posted by David Itkin: Can someone confirm that my registration was received and that I payed before the deadline.
    David: You are on the pre-registered list. I was in the same situation as you and received a quick response from Marcus Wilker. I believe it was just a question of timing considering the fact they received 39 entries on the last discount day.

Originally Posted by Vlad Drkulec: regretfully I will not be attending unless circumstances change between now and the weekend.
    Vlad: If you are seriously considering coming in for the tournament, I'm willing to split the cost of accomodation. I will be coming by car from Ottawa-area.
    Last edited by Billy Carroll; Wednesday, 31st August, 2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Carroll View Post
      Vlad: If you are seriously considering coming in for the tournament, I'm willing to split the cost of accomodation. I will be coming by car from Ottawa-area.
      Thank you for the kind offer but at the moment I will not be playing.

I will have 25 CFC rated games in the last month or so and one hundred rated games for 2011 (counting 5 USCF games from January) so it is not like I need the practice. I have not been very sharp lately and maybe a somewhat reduced schedule is called for the rest of the way.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Vlad.
        It was nice meeting you last May in Hamilton.
        All the best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Carroll View Post
          Sorry to hear that Vlad.
          It was nice meeting you last May in Hamilton.
          All the best to you.
          It was great meeting you as well. Good luck in Toronto!

Comment

Round 2 results

http://annexchessclub.com/2011/09/2011-tldo-results/

130 players: 45 Open, 45 U2000, 40 U1600

How did Sambuev 2700 lost his first round game to Ivanov 2146??

Comment

miracles happen :)

Comment

How did Sambuev 2700 lost his first round game to Ivanov 2146??
                It may have been a 16th birthday gift to Mike from Bator, however, I believe it's just that the young Ivanov has really come into his game of late. The signs have been there, stemming back to Mike's last 5 Rounds at the Canadian Open.

Let's not get back into the habit of being shocked when our champion loses a game. There are many so-called upsets in every tournament. In Round Two on Saturday, I was down four Pawns to my opponent who was rated 400 points below me. I fought back to a 'sure win' endgame, but I made one incorrect move out of the proper sequence and was fortunate to hold on for a Draw. That is what I like about chess (like most sports really), anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

Comment

Bator lost to mish, because mish played great! That, and the fact that Bator lost all his confidence when i beat him blindfolded the day before. ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X