X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movie Extra in Toronto?

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
    Sorry to get your employee in trouble.

I have nothing to do with any connections or contracts. You must have a policy in place when an adult phones the store for chess lessons? I know several productions have bought equipment from your store and it was funny seeing the CFC magazines in Searching for Bobby Fisher. Do you have an official consultant in Toronto? Who can show up on a day's notice and stay for 14 hours? Have you, personally, done the consulting when CMA was approached by a production in Montreal?
    Hi Erik,

Thank you for being so discreet :).

Basically, if a call comes in to our organization, then we expect it to be handled by us. We have the experience and the resources necessary to respond to the client in a professional manner...afterall...we have been around for 26 years!

We have been approached on numerous occasions and we always try to be professional...sometimes...we are not as successful as I would like us to be....

Overall I would say that our clients have been more than satisfied...as in everything in life......the world does not always unfold as we would like :)

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
      Hi Erik,

Thank you for being so discreet :).

Basically, if a call comes in to our organization, then we expect it to be handled by us. We have the experience and the resources necessary to respond to the client in a professional manner...afterall...we have been around for 26 years!

We have been approached on numerous occasions and we always try to be professional...sometimes...we are not as successful as I would like us to be....

Overall I would say that our clients have been more than satisfied...as in everything in life......the world does not always unfold as we would like :)

Larry
      In the film world, your clients have been thrilled. Has cma or anyone ever got a film credit as Chess Consultant or Coach?

Comment

As i reported in the above post i am on credit for my part in playing Conrad Black in coaching a youngster to play a move in chess -Scholars mate.the movie is an unauthorized bio by CBC and the title escapes me now.....

Comment

Originally posted by John Henry View Post
          As i reported in the above post i am on credit for my part in playing Conrad Black in coaching a youngster to play a move in chess -Scholars mate.the movie is an unauthorized bio by CBC and the title escapes me now.....
          But that was as an actor, not as a chess consultant. Or were you paid through cma?

You should add your name to the credits:

CTV’s Shades of Black: The Conrad Black Story (2006)
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491726/ fullcredits#cast

aired on CBC: Citizen Black (2004)
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423990/fullcredits#cast

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

Earlier in the year a TV series required actors to play chess at Yonge-Dundas Square. A highly-paid CMA consultant was brought in to set up some checkmates.
            Erik,

Name of TV series/credits?

What's your definition of "highly-paid"?

Francis

Comment

Working...
            X