Tickets to the Musical "CHESS"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets to the Musical "CHESS"

went on sale in Toronto today to holders of an American Express Card. (I have my tickets!)

Non American Express Card public may buy in a few days, but I am not exactly sure when. Ads should be in most Toronto newspapers today.

Re: Tickets to the Musical "CHESS"

Richard Ouzounian gave the musical "Chess" 4 stars out of 4 in his review in the Toronto Star. There seem to be some negative reviews on the internet, but I am very excited to see it and I have tickets for October 7. I have seen the concert version on DVD with Josh Groban, and the VHS tape "Chess Moves" with Elaine Paige but have never seen the play live.

Comment

We're putting together a group to attend on Thursday October 27 at 8 pm.

http://annexchessclub.com/2011/09/chess-the-musical/
      Marcus Wilker
      Annex Chess Club
      Toronto, Ontario

Comment

CHESS THE MUSICAL Save 20% on the following performances: Saturday, September 24, 2011 thru Sunday, October 9, 2011. Not valid on Saturday evening. Use promo code code SOVIET. To order Call 416-872-1212 or 1-800-461-3333
        A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Comment

The Musical "CHESS"

I was underwhelmed! The 2nd half was better than the 1st.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this production of the musical Chess. The music is incredible and I highly recommend the dvd "Chess in Concert" with Josh Groban.

I do not like the fact that the characters play instruments on stage, since you need to find actors that can sing, dance and play musical instruments. Usually one area is lacking.

The dramaturgy was weak, since we were not really sure why or who Florence really loved and what really happened to her father. I understand the original play might have developed this better, but then audiences have trouble sitting for 4 hours to watch a play.

I thought the male singers were stronger than the female singers. I was highly entertained. There was close to a full house and nobody left early.

I would give it 3.5 stars out of 4 and encourage others to see this amazing musical Chess with music by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus, formerly of ABBA, and with lyrics by Tim Rice.

Comment

Working...
            X