Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got screwed this weekend

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    For most of the participants of these University tournaments, there is no doubt. A few of the kids look older than they are because they are tall for their age but there is lots of room for error when you are talking about seven year olds.
    Or you could try this method: "Hey, kid how old are you?" :o

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
      It would be useful to have 'junior' defined on the membership page next to all those rates for juniors.
      I wrote to Fred on June 30:

3. The membership rates page should have a definition (or, links to definitions) of the membership types. For example, a junior is under what age? 18? 19? 20?

No action yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
        Even as CFC Treasurer, I know there is some confusion here. I think what happened is that there was a motion that passed, but it was deemed to require a 2/3 Gov participation as a constitutional amendment (only 60% voted). I am going to have this cleared up at the Oct Governor's Meeting.
        Probably you are talking about Motion 2010-2.
        "JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP
        9. Any person ordinarily resident in Canada who has not reached the age of 20 by January 1st of the current year, shall be granted a Junior membership or a Junior Participating Membership."

Just before voting I send an email asking Governors to be active as the motion was a constitutional type:
        "To succeed, the voting should be
        "... that at least one-half of the number of votes eligible to be cast has been received by the Secretary, and there is a majority of at least two-thirds of the votes cast in favour of the proposed amendment or revision or resolution.""

The result was 26 Yes, and total votes cast: 30 (57.7%). (see http://chess.ca/sites/default/files/09-10gl4.pdf )

I think the voting results were positive for the Motion:
        a. >50% eligible votes
        b. >2/3 in favour casted votes.

It is pity the Secretary/President did not stamp with PASSED.

Comment

Working...
        X