Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Concerning extra players representing CANADA at 2011 WYCC in Brazil

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Everything should be public because when it isn't we hear about egregious decisions long after they have been made.
    I don't think that the discussions must be public. Decisions - yes.

Comment

That's the equivalent of supporting Parliament meeting in secret and then just informing us of their decisions afterwards.

I am very leery of those who are afraid to have their discussions open to public scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
        I am very leery of those who are afraid to have their discussions open to public scrutiny.
        Then why did you complain about an e-mail disclosure? Lets play publicly with all involved parties. ;)

Comment

Hello everyone.

I apologize for rushing this. The deadline is September 25, and 10 days away. Is it possible for this case be put into vote by executives/governors? If, this case is approved and Dora is allowed to go, it will give Patrick (Youth coordinator) enough time to add Dora to the WYCC list. I believe we already have one official vote: Peter McKillop.

Peter,

Thanks for voting yes!

Mikhail

Comment

As much as that might be a preferred option, the Governors do not have jurisdiction over this matter. In our infinite wisdom, we passed a motion giving jurisdiction to the executive. If we had only known how they would use it...

Comment

Well at least these threads have been entertaining......

Seems to me that there were at least two "loose cannons" involved with the recent CYCC, who had their own ideas about bursaries which didn't jibe with past practices, and pressured the CFC to make a few once-off changes that have come back to haunt them.

I also believe that these "loose cannons" got roundly defeated at the recent AGM elections, so why should the CFC listen to them now? Stick to the rules....seems everyone understood them at the time.....and try to change them in a proper manner instead of all this ad hockery. Ooops here comes de judge, huffing and puffing......

Too much parental whining, but what else is new? lol!

Look, no rude icons!
              Fred Harvey

Comment

Belfort 2005 should not be forgotten, it is an important lesson about how a secretive organization can hurt people.
                Last edited by Duncan Smith; Thursday, 15th September, 2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
                  Belfort 2005 should not be forgotten, it is an important lesson about how a secretive organization can hurt people.
                  I'd be interested in hearing your story.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                    I'd be interested in hearing your story.
                    Fred, I'll try to give you a run down in private over what we experienced concerning WYCC 2005 and Olympiad 2006.
                    Last edited by Duncan Smith; Saturday, 17th September, 2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X