Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Fall Governors' On-line Meeting

Hi Ken,

My appologies. Thanks for clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
      Just to be clear, I have not resigned as NB Governor.
      Who wanted you to resign?
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        Who wanted you to resign?
        What happens on the Governor's board stays on the Governor's board... (?)

I am sure if Ken was willing to reveal that information, it would have been stated already...
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I would be very happy if the person copied in public what they said while calling for my resignation. As I have said before, the Governors forum should be open to public scrutiny. One doesn't need to be an MD to know a closed forum isn't healthy.
          Last edited by Ken Craft; Wednesday, 12th October, 2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            That is depressing to hear Ken. I hope you consider the source before worrying about the suggestion.
            I cannot say I always agree with everything you write, but I absolutely respect your opinion and advice and I believe you *care*.

best regards.
            I think that everybody's opinion is valuable. As an Executive member, it would require a severe breach of the rules to ask for one's resignation, not simply because you like to disagree with us all the time.

By the same token, we should probably not judge too harshly the executive member who feels that a governor is creating a negative environment might ask for that same governor to step down.

Everybody should be able to voice their opinion. Free speech, etc..

Comment

Maybe he should voice his opinion in public, Fred. I'm always happy to voice mine in public. I find it stange that any executive member would think I like to "disagree with [them] all of the time." I think the votes I cast in this meeting was consistent with those cast by the majority of the executive.

Comment

Maybe he should voice his opinion in public, Fred. I'm always happy to voice mine in public. I find it stange that any executive member would think I like to "disagree with [them] all of the time." I think the votes I cast in this meeting was consistent with those cast by the majority of the executive.
                Yes. That is the funny thing, Ken. You can be so "disagreeable", but at the end of the day voted with the majority in all of the votes.

It would seem that the "disagreeable" topics were not up for vote.

Being leader of the Official Opposition to the Executive can be a lonely position.

Comment

I'm only "disagreeable" when the excutive is wrong. I can't help the frequency. :D

I thought your colleague lectured me that the Governors' Forum wasn't a House of Commons and therefore i wasn't the leader of the opposition.

Can't you guys get your story straight.;)
                  Last edited by Ken Craft; Wednesday, 12th October, 2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I'm only "disagreeable" when the excutive is wrong. I can't help the frequency. :D

I thought your colleague lectured me that the Governors wasn't a House of Commons and therefore i wasn't the leader of the opposition.

Can't you guys get your story straight.;)
                    Ken: I could be mistaken, but I don't know of any other governor who was agreeing with you on this WYCC Team decision. Despite what Michael might think, you and I both know there is no dictatorship here. If you had some other governors with you, you could have made a move on this one.

I'm not going to try and figure out who made the house of commons comment, but certainly you know that it was the comment of a single governor (who just happens to be an Executive member), it certainly wasn't intended to represent the Executive view of you.

I think you know, I support free speech and am more tolerant than just about anybody.

Comment

What happens on the Governor's board stays on the Governor's board... (?)

I am sure if Ken was willing to reveal that information, it would have been stated already...
                      Yes. The annointed. Those who speak only to Gawd and pass on the commandments as the urge strikes them.

Personally, I think the entire executive and the dozens of governors should resign and hold one member one vote elections. it's not like chess in Canada is such a wonderful thing.

It's pretty sad when a governor can be asked to resign because he won't tow the line and the feeling is the names should not be stated. The minutes of any open meeting would state names.
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

If you read between the lines above you would know which executive member called for my resignation. Your initial guess would be clear, Gary.

Fred, the WYCC controversy is not the issue. I was actually glad to see that executive member actual comment on something. There has been a retcience of most executive members to frequently comment in public. You and Bob G. have been notable exceptions. I commend both of you on your willingness to discuss issues publicly. See, I can give praise when praise is due.
                        Last edited by Ken Craft; Wednesday, 12th October, 2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Personally, I think the entire executive and the dozens of governors should resign and hold one member one vote elections
                          Agreed, that would be great. :D

it's not like chess in Canada is such a wonderful thing.
                          ....and current Executives are not making things better (ironically quite the opposite)

It's pretty sad when a governor can be asked to resign because he won't tow the line and the feeling is the names should not be stated. The minutes of any open meeting would state names.
                          it looks like CFC office turned into an Exclusive member club now, where only 'yes' man are welcomed. :p

Comment

Mikhail,

I don't think I've ever told anyone my opinion on the executive not allowing the extra entrants to the WYCC.

I agree with the decision.
                            Gary Ruben
                            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Mikhail,

I don't think I've ever told anyone my opinion on the executive not allowing the extra entrants to the WYCC.

I agree with the decision.
                              From a quick read of the motions at the latest online Governor's meeting, I did not see a motion to revise the CYCC/WYCC requirements or procedures. I presume that Mikhail was not able to find a Governor and seconder for such a motion (I have no idea whether Mikhail attempted to do that or not).

As with most parts of the CFC Handbook, sections have to be written extremely carefully and with clarity - otherwise, interpretations may vary and cause a lot of misunderstanding. It is commonplace for lawyers to argue over single words or small phrases and what the exact meaning might be... but they usually get paid to argue.
                              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

From a quick read of the motions at the latest online Governor's meeting, I did not see a motion to revise the CYCC/WYCC requirements or procedures. I presume that Mikhail was not able to find a Governor and seconder for such a motion (I have no idea whether Mikhail attempted to do that or not).

As with most parts of the CFC Handbook, sections have to be written extremely carefully and with clarity - otherwise, interpretations may vary and cause a lot of misunderstanding. It is commonplace for lawyers to argue over single words or small phrases and what the exact meaning might be... but they usually get paid to argue.
                                I don't believe he attempted that route, as I had suggested he should try. He is continuing with his populist approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X