looking for (Ottawa-RA) help pronouncing Russian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for (Ottawa-RA) help pronouncing Russian

In a couple of weeks, I will be at an event where speaking some Russian decently would come in very handy. So I bought a book and a CD, and am learning some key words and phrases. However, I find that it really helps me to mimic the pronounciation of someone who is right there to correct me. So, I am hoping that someone in the Ottawa area, most conveniently an RA member, would be interested in meeting a little early at the club, for this Thursday evening and/or the next one. I would gladly spring for drinks/treats at the Fieldhouse restaurant, and you would get the chance to laugh at my Russian attempts! ;)

If interested, please email me as soon as convenient. Thanks!
    arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Re: looking for (Ottawa-RA) help pronouncing Russian

Find out how to say: "We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us"; that is a common expression in Russia...

Comment

Re: looking for (Ottawa-RA) help pronouncing Russian

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      In a couple of weeks, I will be at an event where speaking some Russian decently would come in very handy. So I bought a book and a CD, and am learning some key words and phrases. However, I find that it really helps me to mimic the pronounciation of someone who is right there to correct me. So, I am hoping that someone in the Ottawa area, most conveniently an RA member, would be interested in meeting a little early at the club, for this Thursday evening and/or the next one. I would gladly spring for drinks/treats at the Fieldhouse restaurant, and you would get the chance to laugh at my Russian attempts! ;)

If interested, please email me as soon as convenient. Thanks!
      arismarghetis at rogers dot com
      I can't help with your request, but I did notice this helpful video:

Learn French in one Word
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSeaDQ6sPs0

(perhaps there is a similar one for Russian?) ;)
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re : looking for (Ottawa-RA) help pronouncing Russian

There's only one thing I can recommend you : do not try to learn how to write in Russian first. The Russian alphabet is so confusing if we have little time to learn it... Try to learn and remember the words like if they were written in English : ''priviet'' instead of привет , ''Kakdila'' instead of Как дела.... I found it easier to remember them this way.

Google translation can be very also very useful if you are looking for the right pronunciation.

Comment

Working...
        X