Fritz 13 (English version) has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fritz 13 (English version) has arrived!

We received ours today (customs held up the order...I guess they wanted to test the product :).

So it is available online at:

http://strategygames.ca/boutique/sto...EN&code=O-1119

and in all our stores by tomorrow afternoon: www.strategygames.ca

We also received this beautiful book on Bobby Fischer...like a picture Album. This also available in all locations by tomorrow:

http://strategygames.ca/boutique/sto...=EN&code=JA255

Free shipping anywhere in Canada

The French version is expected before the end of November 2011.

Larry

Re : Fritz 13 (English version) has arrived!

I saw on Chessbase that Fritz 13 managed to find a mate in 45 in the Kramnik-Polgar game... Quite impressive!

Comment

Thank you for your support!

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
      I saw on Chessbase that Fritz 13 managed to find a mate in 45 in the Kramnik-Polgar game... Quite impressive!
      I just checked our on-line orders....I am glad to report that the response has been great! We have stocked up very well on Fritz so we should be good right through Xmas...the Fischer book...it looks like I will have to re-order shortly :)

Comment

Re: Fritz 13 (English version) has arrived!

This will be #6 Fritz for me-a Great teaching tool!!! I glanced at the Fischer book on Sunday,then all "hell"broke lose when the kids arrived.....Teaching chess-with all the tools available at Strategy Games how could you ever run out of lessons or ideas-Impossible!!!!!What a great life-have fun......

Comment

I suppose that I will have to visit Larry's Ottawa store this week for these items...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
            I suppose that I will have to visit Larry's Ottawa store this week for these items...
            Your patronage is much appreciated :)

Paul became a master...while working at Strategy Games in Toronto...and then he met his sweetheart at the shop...and now wife...and now kids...life is sweet :)

Larry you talk way too much :)

Honestly...in the 26 years of our organization...he was the person who kept me on my toes the most :)

In case you are wondering...Paul is an extremely bright fellow...we were lucky to have him for the time he was willing to devote to our organization!

Thanks Paul!

Larry

Comment

Yes, it is all true!

When I worked for Larry in Toronto I took the GO Train in from Oakville and thus had a solid 2-3 hours a day on the train or waiting for the train for chess book reading...thus the master achievement; although I still do not know any opening theory beyond a few moves...I just read books on strategy and endgames and tactics, although I was always good at tactics.

Met my to be wife when I dropped in the store to buy some books; I was no longer working for Larry and she was! I remember somebody came in to buy software, and I convinced them to buy Fritz, and Susan invited me to her Christmas party.

At the party she introduced me to this older guy that I thought was her dad; turns out he was her boyfriend...etc...etc...Like any chess player worth his salt; the competition was on...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                When I worked for Larry in Toronto I took the GO Train in from Oakville and thus had a solid 2-3 hours a day on the train or waiting for the train for chess book reading...thus the master achievement; although I still do not know any opening theory beyond a few moves...I just read books on strategy and endgames and tactics, although I was always good at tactics....
                One would think from reading this that you would be someone in favor of introducing creativity into organized chess by introducing at least one variant into tournament play. Because, after all, what satisfaction can be gained from winning a game where your winning tactic(s) were exactly as you read in a book while riding the GO train? It's like cramming before an exam, then passing the exam only because your memory was fresh with the correct answers. It doesn't mean you really know or understand the topic, and it certainly doesn't bode well for you bringing some new insight into the topic.

Chess960 would be one such variant that you could actively throw some weight behind, but it falls short of a true test of creativity. As others have pointed out, many middlegame positions in chess960 have striking similarity to those arrived at in standard chess, and then you just have a competition to see which player will first arrive at a position that s/he can remember from a tactics or endgame book and can play the winning move(s). No, what's really needed is a variant that no standard chess book can offer any help with. Then you'd have a game that would be decided by the spark of creativity.

But I don't expect you, Paul, to feel in any way motivated to put any effort behind such a thing. That's because in the climate debate, you have been very good at spouting things that you have read and seen elsewhere that agree with your opinions, but when I several times prodded you to propose solutions -- that is, to be creative -- you fell silent or you proposed things that would require massive social upheaval that would make the suffering of the Occupy Wall Street crowd seem like child's play.

So yes, you're a good book chess player. Hurray for you, the back of the line is that way.

If I were running a company, I might hire you for positions that reward good memory, but I wouldn't hire you for any position that required thinking on your feet. It would be great if that would inspire you to do something new and creative such as what I mentioned above...
                Only the rushing is heard...
                Onward flies the bird.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how humorous or silly it may be...

Comment

Working...
                  X