Old Game Sheets, dating back to the 1950's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Game Sheets, dating back to the 1950's

Hi there! I am Ramona Strojevs, Alex Strojevs' daughter.

Mum and I have been going through all of Papa's many many books. I have a plastic grocery bag full of old score sheets, dating back to the 1950's.

Mum and I don't want or need these, so I would like to donate them. Anyone want them? There are lots and lots of games here!!

Let me know!

Ramona

Re: Old Game Sheets, dating back to the 1950's

Originally posted by Ramona Strojevs View Post
    Hi there! I am Ramona Strojevs, Alex Strojevs' daughter.

Mum and I have been going through all of Papa's many many books. I have a plastic grocery bag full of old score sheets, dating back to the 1950's.

Mum and I don't want or need these, so I would like to donate them. Anyone want them? There are lots and lots of games here!!

Let me know!

Ramona
    One person I am sure won't want them is Hugh Brodie! :)

What a treasure they will be for him!

Comment

Soooo, does that mean you think he really will!!?? Hope to hear from him.

They're all labelled, with location, game tabe, rating, names .....

Ramona

Comment

I would love to at least get a look at them. Since I am in Montreal, the best idea would be to leave them at the Strategy store on Mt. Pleasant, and Larry Bevand can bring them back to Montreal the next time he's in Toronto. Of course - if anyone in the Toronto area wants them first - go ahead.

When I'm done, I could give them to the Scarborough CC (or some other worthy archival site).

Comment

OK, that sounds good. I'll get into the City at some point and drop them off there for you. If I just walk in and say this is for Hugh, they'll now who you are???

I'll post here when I've dropped them off.

Ramona

Comment

If Larry is reading this, he can alert the staff. Otherwise - just put Larry's name on it, with Attn: Hugh.

Comment

OK. I'll pack them in a cardboard box.
              Ramona

Comment

Hello Ramona,

I should likely be attending Hal's tournament to either watch or play in Guelph this weekend at Guelph University centre, room 442 (directly inside the Greyhound bus loop). Is anyone from the Hamilton or Burlington or Mississauga area that might live nearby a chess club that is going that might be willing to either drop any original scoresheets off at Hal's desk or meet up (in the case that I may have to skip a round or day)?

It seems to be a good idea to have the games of a former city champion to study (he seems to be about expert class, based on his rating) in the future, & the SWOCL services seem to have appreciated the ability to share those games with the archival committees such as Hugh Brodie & other sites in the past.

If you also had any spare or rare chess books that you said might toss out, then perhaps first approach a library to see whether any of the older looking ones look rare. Alternately, if you ask a group of 40-60 players at a tournament such as Hal's, then you might even be able to sell/donate a box of chess books for a couple of $$$. A book dealer that also specializes in chess sales might also be there, & he might be interested in knowing what to do with those types of things (trophies, books, equipment, etc).

Please also see http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/showthread.php?t=5825 for some details about that tournament: http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnNzPXlwLm...A5MjYxNTYwNDQ= (sort of the "corner" of S Ring road & Evergreen drive; after 10am - 6pm both days would be the schedule; can take an elevator up that comes out near to the tournament hall - the building is the one that appears to be furthest away from the entry point to the loop, pointing northerly). Hopefully this approach could save you the cost of having to mail any scoresheets to Quebec for any sort of processing.

Let's also give Mr. Bevand's services a great recommendation for other purchases of equipment, books, clocks & scorebooks, since many players in the area also probably compare Strategy Games' deals compared to other collectors.

Comment

... I'm sorry I'm a bit confused because I don't know all you people!! LOL

Who is Hal? Do you want me to give these to you, and then they can make their way to Hugh in Montreal?? Matters not to me, I'd just like them to go somewhere where they'll be used / learned from. There are a LOT of sheets!!

I don't mind driving to the store on Mt Pleasant at some point either.

I don't want to see the books, but I'd gladly donate them if someone could use them. Again, there are a lot of them.

Ramona

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                    I Of course - if anyone in the Toronto area wants them first - go ahead.
                    I may help to transfer them to PGNs (maybe some to JPGs) to preserve for future generations :)

Comment

Well, can I get them to you, EgidIjus??? Where are you located?

Ramona

Comment

Well, can I get them to you, Egidijus??? Where are you located?
                        Aurora, and work in Toronto (close to 401/Leslie/DVP/404)

Comment

I will be driving to Mums on Thurs and and then home on Friday. I coud stop by Friday on my way through and drop them to you. Message me your address if that's ok. And a contact phone. My cell is 905.617,7745

Ramona

Comment

Do want ALL of them??? Or I can split them. Some to you and some to Hugh perhaps. You can tell me on Friday when you see how many I have! LOL.

Ramona

Comment

Message me your address if that's ok.
                              I wrote an email to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X