CFC's November Newsletter - Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC's November Newsletter - Free

At the CFC website we make two issues each year available to the public. Just go to http://chess.ca/cfc-newsletter-archive and click on November Newsletter and/or November Games (for the PGN files).

If you enjoy it, consider joining the CFC !!

Re: CFC's November Newsletter - Free

Will it be mailed to us if we are already a member? I haven't received mine and it seems odd that the paying member gets his after it is given away for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
      Will it be mailed to us if we are already a member? I haven't received mine and it seems odd that the paying member gets his after it is given away for free.
      Hi Brian. It is very easy to download. That is the inteneded access method this month, for everybody. All CFC members were sent an e-mail to that effect, although these e-mails may still be "in progress". If you would like it e-mailed to you, just send me your e-mail address.

Comment

I guess my point is that how was I to know if I did not read it here and I don't read the CFC board?
        That is poorly thought out.

Comment

I guess my point is that how was I to know if I did not read it here and I don't read the CFC board?
          That is poorly thought out.
          Fred said:
          That is the inteneded access method this month, for everybody. All CFC members were sent an e-mail to that effect, although these e-mails may still be "in progress".

So, this time you should get an email from the CFC telling you to go download it (instead of having it as an attachment in the email...)
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I see I need to read better. My mistake. I must be one of those still waiting for the email, but then again, if you are already emailing me...

Comment

I see I need to read better. My mistake. I must be one of those still waiting for the email, but then again, if you are already emailing me...
              If you normally get the newsletter, you should get the e-mail soon - but Gerry's work this time of week is the ratings update.

Comment

Fred,

How about one of these on the home page of Chess.ca? It was pointed out to me today there is no flag on the home page.

This is an example. You might want something different. Top center would be a nice spot.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

You know, for years you have hi-jacked this site with you nonsense.. It appears that Larry doesn't really care about the site, which is why trolls like you and Hebert continue to post on here. Unforunately the CFC site has bee hi-jacked by Bob whats-is-name who doesn't seem to have anything else to do but write very lengthy and irrelevant amendments to equally lengthy and irrelevant CFC rules. Which don't amount to a can of......!

Sorry folks, but that's the way it is! You need help to cut through this nonsense, let me know...but you might not like my price!
                  Fred Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by fred harvey View Post
                    You know, for years you have hi-jacked this site with you (sic) nonsense.
                    Isn't it odd that you consider the Canadian FLAG nonsense?

Pray tell... What is your price?

Comment

Unforunately the CFC site has bee hi-jacked by Bob whats-is-name who doesn't seem to have anything else to do but write very lengthy and irrelevant amendments to equally lengthy and irrelevant CFC rules. Which don't amount to a can of......!
                      His name is Bob Armstrong and he is trying to make things better.
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                        Fred,

How about one of these on the home page of Chess.ca? It was pointed out to me today there is no flag on the home page.

This is an example. You might want something different. Top center would be a nice spot.
                        That's a reasonable suggestion, Gary. I think we're trying to give the web page a constant look with the design we paid for, for at least for a few more months.

I had an idea to recolour the chess pieces on the top right to remind you of the Canadian flag. So we'll take it under advisement for now.

Comment

You know, for years you have hi-jacked this site with you nonsense.. It appears that Larry doesn't really care about the site, which is why trolls like you and Hebert continue to post on here. Unforunately the CFC site has bee hi-jacked by Bob whats-is-name who doesn't seem to have anything else to do but write very lengthy and irrelevant amendments to equally lengthy and irrelevant CFC rules. Which don't amount to a can of......!

Sorry folks, but that's the way it is! You need help to cut through this nonsense, let me know...but you might not like my price!
                          Are you saying you need help deleting a bookmark from your browser toolbar?

It seems a fact of life here that threads can go off topic rather quickly (and the worst thing is a complete change to an unrelated issue). The Climate Change thread was (I think) intended to allow the climate change bangers to play around in their own sandbox, but that has only segregated the climate change topic - I don't know of a way to avoid thread hijacking or abuse unless the moderator(s) take a more active role and simply lock a thread when it gets out of hand. Problem is: whose definition of 'out of hand'?

Larry provides this free forum and I have always felt that he leaves it to sort itself out except in rare cases where he decides to kybosh a thread if it is too far afield...

Those seem to be the 'rules', such as they are, and you and everyone can decide to participate or not.
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Hard to believe...2 days later and no email telling me about the email I will not be getting this month.

Comment

Hard to believe...2 days later and no email telling me about the email I will not be getting this month.
                              Are we getting a team championship this year?
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                              X