Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CFC's November Newsletter - Free

Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
    Hard to believe...2 days later and no email telling me about the email I will not be getting this month.
    I got my e-mail from the CFC office, informing me that the Newsletter was on the website, yesterday. I would suggest you send your e-mail address to the CFC office if you don't receive your e-mail by Monday.

Comment

Thank you so very much for including my dear Papa's obituary in this months newsletter.

It means a lot to my Mum and I.

Ramona Strojevs
      daughter of Alexander Strojevs, Peterborough ON (formerly of the Scarborough Chess Club).

Comment

Originally posted by Ramona Strojevs View Post
        Thank you so very much for including my dear Papa's obituary in this months newsletter.

It means a lot to my Mum and I.

Ramona Strojevs
        daughter of Alexander Strojevs, Peterborough ON (formerly of the Scarborough Chess Club).
        Ramona. You seem like such a loving daughter, it was an honour.

I notice that I played in at least one event with your dad (Canadian Open, Edmonton 2000), but we never played. However, I must have met him a year later in Sackville (where I was the TD).

It's amzing how many people have told me they were at that event, that I have no recollection of, it's just all a blur - so much is happening, at the time.

I hope his books found a good home.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words Fred.
          I dropped the books and score sheets off today, to Egidijus Zeromskis. Hopefully they can get transcribed and will be helpful to other players.

Ramona

Comment

As I posted under a different thread, I am having some issues with the people helping me. If anyone is interested in helping with the web page design, we can maybe have some games between top teams in Canada.
            Is there anyone out there to help? Message me.

Comment

Working...
            X