2011 Canadian Invitational
    http://chess.ca/crosstable?tournamen...mber=201112013

Comment

Re: CFC Ratings Update?

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      What a title, what a match :D
      2011 Canadian Invitational
      http://chess.ca/crosstable?tournamen...mber=201112013
      Yeah. It's almost enough to make a person want to buy a life membership. :)
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Disappearing History!

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        Just when I was enjoying a few days vacation from your endless drivel...
        And you thought you really deserved it after endlessly defending your close friend there. He just might give you something special for Christmas! :)

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        Yeah. Just when we started discussing tiny methane bubbles in the climate change thread we get drivel here. :)
        This is a forum that is related to chess not climate change. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
          This is a forum that is related to chess not climate change. :D
          Yes. We should remember that especially as global warming has become irrelevant for the next decade at least. More chess and less hot air!

Comment

Mikhail,
            Given your stated feelings about the CFC leadership, why did you agree to be a coach at the WYCC?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
              Yes. We should remember that especially as global warming has become irrelevant for the next decade at least. More chess and less hot air!
              Yes, I agree it is an important topic. Last time I checked, this forum was specifically designed to talk about chess related issues ONLY!

If we going to start talking about non-chess related issues, lets start talking about (astronomy, international politics, global economy, war ...) as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                Mikhail,
                Given your stated feelings about the CFC leadership, why did you agree to be a coach at the WYCC?
                Hi Ken,

I did it for our talented bright kids that Canada has, not CFC! Unlike some I will not get my personal interest get in the way of helping our talented juniors to reach new heights and goals in Canada and Internationally.

CFC and talented kids are totally separate issues! CFC = dirty politics, weather you like it or not. Unfortunately some CFC Officals did not see any harm in mixing two together and get one in the way of the other.

Comment

If we going to start talking about non-chess related issues, lets start talking about (astronomy, international politics, global economy, war ...) as well.
                  Who stops you? Larry? He is the first man in the line protecting a freedom of speech :p

The problem with a climate was that it generated TOO many threads.

It is always possible to bend any topic to chess :)
                  • Astronomy - where are those aliens whom we teach to play chess
                  • Politics - every move they make they get kindermates.
                  • Economy - there is no place for professional chess players unless they change speciality.
                  • War - the game of chess was inspiriting all wars :D

Comment

[QUOTE=Egidijus Zeromskis;45835]Who stops you? Larry? He is the first man in the line protecting a freedom of speech :p
                    [QUOTE]

Yes, you are correct about freedom of speech. You have yours I have mine! :)

BTW: Incidentally my topic directly related to Canadian youth in chess and politics in Canadian chess!

Comment

BTW: Incidentally my topic directly related to Canadian youth in chess and politics in Canadian chess!
                      Then start a new thread and stick to it. Why hijack others?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                        It is always possible to bend any topic to chess :)
                        • Astronomy - where are those aliens whom we teach to play chess
                        Hi Egis:

According to our illustrious leader, Mr. Ilyumzhinov, it was the aliens who introduced chess to the humans!

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                          Hi Egis:

According to our illustrious leader, Mr. Ilyumzhinov, it was the aliens who introduced chess to the humans!

Bob A

Mr. Lee Hendon informed me, that one of the lectures in Brantford this year, Brian Hartman told him, that he believes in exactly same thing!

Comment

Chess & Aliens - Hijacking??

Mr. Lee Hendon informed me, that one of the lectures in Brantford this year, Brian Hartman told him, that he believes in exactly same thing!
                            Hi Mikhail:

It seems to be true, that despite there being little hard evidence ( some will argue with this ) of alien life, especially visiting earth, it is believed by a significant minority of humans.

This seems though to be hijacking this thread, and I'm not sure many chess players want this topic as a new separate thread on their chess discussion board!!

Bob A

Comment

Re: Chess & Aliens - Hijacking??

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                              It seems to be true, that despite there being little hard evidence ( some will argue with this ) of alien life, especially visiting earth, it is believed by a significant minority of humans.
                              Everyone is entitled to their own opinion! :D

Comment

Re: Chess & Aliens - Hijacking??

It also seems to be hijacking golden opportunities from talented youth for no ‘real reason’ at all, except to show our juniors how much “power” our CFC officials have!!!

I doubt that this will received with standing ovation (well, maybe from CFC officials).

Comment

Working...
                                X