Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to post by Mr. Plotkin

Mr. Plotkin,

I apologize that I missed this post a first time. Your friend, Mr. Ochkoos kindly reminded me about this Sunday at Hart House tournament. I guess he wanted me to respond to your post. Some people can’t read WYCC post, because it has gone too long. I had no choice but to start this new thread as a reply to your post.

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    1. 16 games match, 3 + 2sec/game.
    You call this a serious game? This is more like push wood and no thinking require!

2. Not very expensive, let say 10000 CAD (if you want more, it's OK).
    If, you want to put 10000 CAD to good use, you should challenge our top Canadian GM and 2011 Canadian Champion. He is more then willing to accept your challenge in real slow series game. He would take it in heartbeat. It will be a nice bonus for him. If, you win you will improve your status in Canadian Chess, but for now it is just talk and remains to be seen.

You can also donate 10000 CAD to CFC Youth Fund instead!

3. You can choose your opponent (me or Mark).
    You should first check Mark’s result against my student. I believe it is 2-0! Mark should try drawing him in real serious time control game first and not some 3+2 sec/ garbage. He also has 2.5/3 against David Itkin (son of your friend Victor Itkin) in slow serious game as well. David Itkin is 2011 Toronto Junior Champion, who finished ahead of 2nd Mike Ivanov and 3rd Michael Song.

My student Dora is also higher then Mark, when he was in grade 5. Her rating in winter 2011 is 1599 and Mark’s as of Winter of 2008 was only 1466. She also already has WCM title, which she won in 2009 at North American Championship. Mr. Anna wanted to get WCM title, but our pal, Mr. Barron (CFC Youth coordinator at that time) thought it was irrelevant and meaningless for her. I can't belive CFC Youth coodrinator would say such a thing. If, it wasn’t for him, she would have had WCM title in 2 years ago! I wonder what was Mr. Barron thinking on this one? By any cahnce, does your son or your daughter got any titles at this time?

Also, my other student Richard who is in grade 5 is already at 1761, when Mark was at 1466.

These results speak for themselves!

4. If you play me you must collect more than 25% (4 points) to win the match. I must collect more than 75% (12 points) to win. 12-4 it's a draw.
    I stopped playing coffee house chess seriously long time ago. Only for fun now.

6. Looser not only pays the bet (no postdated checks, cash only), but also publicly apologizes and can't post on chesstalk (and CFC fotum) till end of next year (Dec 31, 2012).
    What about appology from Mr. Barron to chess community for passing motions, that only good for pesonal gains and not to CFC Youth. It it about time for appology from Mr. Barron.

What about sponsors and TV? CBC might be interested to broadcast such a challenge, sponsored by let's say Maple Leafs, Tim Hortons...

I doubt it will happened, maybe only in a dreamland or Disneyland!

7. If I win the bet I promise to donate at least 25% of the profit to CFC Youth Fund.
    Since you have not organized any tournaments CFC/FIDE tournaments yourself., You could and should just donate it to CFC Youth Fund . Where is your Christmas spirit? Just ask Mr. Gillanders how and he will be very happy to assist you.

If you don't accept this proposal and continue posting here against me or Mark you are just CHICKEN.
    Only a real idiot would accept this challenge. :D

I suggest you should concentrate on coaching your kids first and help them reach their heights. With all the time Mark being playing and your help I still don’t understand how come he is not 2200 level already. This is a mystery to me.

You should help Mark reach to 2200 first. Let’s say maybe by December 2012. I managed to do it, so it should be a piece of cake for you now.

It's all about chess, wright?
    I apologize, that my English is only 2nd language to me. Since you claim to be such English advacte, please explain to me what do you mean by above statement. I don't undestand.

I am always looking to improve my Enlgish! :)
    Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Thursday, 22nd December, 2011, 10:49 AM.

Re: Response to post by Mr. Plotkin

Hi Victor & Mikhail:

It is only my opinion, but I think you would do better to leave the juniors out of whatever dispute you two have.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
      Mr. Ochkoos kindly reminded me
      I bet that Jura just jeered at you :p

Did you receive a picture? How is it? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        Hi Victor & Mikhail:

It is only my opinion, but I think you would do better to leave the juniors out of whatever dispute you two have.

Bob A
        Hi Bob,

Same thing could be said about CFC handling of talented youth case this year. We know that you are CFC governor and fully support Mr. Gillanders at all cost. You guys should of left juniors out of this with whatever dispute Mr. Barron and CFC officials has with Pan-American organizers. In this case your opinion is irrelevant.

Mikhail

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          I bet that Jura just jeered at you :p

Did you receive a picture? How is it? :D
          Hi Ed,

I recieved a picture. It is great. Thanks.

Mikhail

Comment

Hi Victor & Mikhail:

Bob A
            I think that's an excellent suggestion Bob.

Comment

Hi Victor & Mikhail:

Bob A
              Without the inclusion of the juniors, there would have been no dispute.

It is very bad manners to take a shot at a kid over their chess progress or alleged lack of progress at any particular point in time. Chess progress is a marathon and not a sprint and a 1300 point gain in five or six years is to be lauded and not disparaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                Without the inclusion of the juniors, there would have been no dispute.

It is very bad manners to take a shot at a kid over their chess progress or alleged lack of progress at any particular point in time. Chess progress is a marathon and not a sprint and a 1300 point gain in five or six years is to be lauded and not disparaged.
                It is also very bad manners to practice hijacking and stripping rights from our youth.

Chess should and not about backstabbing and punishing innocent minority, who don't deserve it in first place.

Comment

Hi Bob,

Same thing could be said about CFC handling of talented youth case this year.
                  Are you a strong enough player to decide who is talented and who is not talented?

What qualifies you to make such a decision?
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                    Are you a strong enough player to decide who is talented and who is not talented?

What qualifies you to make such a decision?
                    You are asking the wrong person here. You should be asking executives that question.

Are they strong enough to decide, who is talented or not?

If they were, and kept making right decisions our country would finish in top 10, even top 5 in terms of medal performance as a country.

Comment

I agree with Vlad and Bob. Not only did you include Mark, and your students in your dispute with Victor, but you put Mark down so that it would fit your argument. Everyone has different levels of progress, and insulting those who do not have as fast progress as your students, is both rude, and disappointing.

I would expect more from a WYCC coach, and a man with many students who have always looked up to him. This is coming from a 14 year old kid, saying that was childish behavior, and you should to something to fix it before things get out of hand.

Sorry for being harsh, but mark is a good friend of mine, and I wasn't about to let this go unanswered.

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by zachary dukic View Post
                        I agree with Vlad and Bob. Not only did you include Mark, and your students in your dispute with Victor, but you put Mark down so that it would fit your argument. Everyone has different levels of progress, and insulting those who do not have as fast progress as your students, is both rude, and disappointing.

I would expect more from a WYCC coach, and a man with many students who have always looked up to him. This is coming from a 14 year old kid, saying that was childish behavior, and you should to something to fix it before things get out of hand.

Sorry for being harsh, but mark is a good friend of mine, and I wasn't about to let this go unanswered.

Zach
                        Hi Zach,

I know, that Mark is a good friend of yours and I understand.

Mr. Plotkin was the first person who got Mark involved into this, and he is his father. I also completely disagree with Bob on this with on many grounds.

Obviously as a 14 year old kid, with childish behavior you are lucking experience in that department.

If you want to get it fixed, you should talk to Mr. Plotkin regarding your friend. Nothing I can help you here with.

Originally posted by zachary dukic View Post
                        who have always looked up to him
                        Sounds you are speaking about the past, and why are you speaking about me in 3rd person? My students still look at up at me, so I do not get your point here. :D

What about discriminating kids and insulting kid's parents? I wonder what you have to say about this as a 14 year old kid. We are all dying to hear your thoughts.

This is just an advice, but you should try to see the whole picture, before jumping into serious conversation.

Comment

Response to post by Mr. Plotkin

Hi Zach,

Mr. Plotkin was the first person who got Mark involved into this, and he is his father. I also completely disagree with Bob on this with on many grounds.

Obviously as a 14 year old kid, with childish behavior you are lucking experience in that department.

If you want to get it fixed, you should talk to Mr. Plotkin regarding your friend. Nothing I can help you here with.

Sounds you are speaking about the past, and why are you speaking about me in 3rd person? My students still look at up at me, so I do not get your point here. :D

What about discriminating kids and insulting kid's parents? I wonder what you have to say about this as a 14 year old kid. We are all dying to hear your thoughts.

This is just an advice, but you should try to see the whole picture, before jumping into serious conversation.

Wow! Quite a put-down.

Oh, well... another thread ruined that I will have to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
                            another thread ruined that I will have to ignore.
                            Soon you might start ignoring chesstalk.com in general. I really hope, that it will not come to this. ;)

Comment

Hi Zach,

I understand that Mr. Plotkin was the first one that got Mark involved. He thinks very highly of Mark, and expects very highly of Mark, and wants to see Mark do the best he can do, as a caring father. You, however, seem to think the exact opposite of Mark. It doesn't matter who involved who, but the fact remains, you put Mark down. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Victor ever insult any of your students? Did Mark? I understand jealousy, and history may come into play here, but continuing to insult to make a point, can only make a situation worse, not better.

That's where your wrong, you can help me here. I couldn't care less about the dispute between you and Victor. I care about the fact that you would insult a JUNIOR's skill level. As far as putting down young chess players as they strive to develop into stronger players, I can't see how Victor could help in that department.

As far as putting me down goes, I can't see anything you could possibly gain. I'm 14, what are people going to think of a grown up man talking nonsense about kids?

Sorry, I didn't want to make it sound like it's in past tense. I meant to state that you are a successful coach that is respected by many adults and kids. You have a reputation of being with kids, and connecting with them. What I don't understand is why a guy like you, would act the exact opposite with mark, as to your students. This is why is why I'm disappointed and shocked, and the fact that it's Mark just makes me more uncomfortable, without voicing my opinion about this.

Discriminating kids, and kids parents? It is morally wrong and unnecessary. This is the whole topic I'm talking about, and why I'm making this post, because I'm against it. I'm not a bystander, and don't plan on being one any time soon.

You talk about seeing the whole picture before entering serious conversation. The way I see it, is you putting mark down, PUBLICLY. Whatever dispute you and Victor have is irrelevant to me. You can say anything you want, but putting down a kid on chesstalk for everyone to see shouldn't be tolerated, and an apology should be arranged.

These are the thoughts of a 14 year old Mike, now lets hear yours.

Zach

Comment

Working...
                              X