Re: Response to post by Mr. Plotkin

totally agree with zach, :)

Comment

imho,

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        The CFC executives are organizers. They get to make the decisions according to the rules and qualifications.
        So why did they pass new motion? It had nothing to do with organizing, only to back at Pan-American organizers and hijack opportunities from participating at World event.

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        If you complained like this when I was organizing you would have to find some other organization because I didn't put up with this nonsense. Everyone who knows me from my organizing days knows this.
        I would not be bringing this critical issue up, if this happened at some random weekend tournament or some rated get together event.

For your information I was also organizer of 2011 Canadian Junior, helped to organize 2011 Hamilton Winter Open with GM Wesley So (who excepted my invitation) and 2011 Ontario Open.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary dukic View Post
          However, by bringing Mark into your argument with Victor, I automatically have the right to defend him. Just because you are under the impression that Victor believes he is better than you, doesn't mean Mark feels the same way, and he didn't deserve those words you presented.
          When you defend someone, you should consider all the facts, not just a small portion. Victor brought you friend Mark into this discussion NOT me. I am just defending here.

I would not have included Mark, if Mr. Plotkin did not insist on this in his original post. He was way to persistent.

I am sure Mark has read this, and he is upset that you would say such things.
          He should thank his father for getting him into this.

I apologize for being blunt, but this is how I see it. Sorry if I offended you Mike, but again, I don't like watching a friend take those kind of words.
          Just for your information I am not mad at you at all in any way and you do not need to apologize to me! You have nothing to do with this mess.

This goes deeper then you think. :D

Comment

It is obvious there is much more to this then I can comprehend. As much as I would like to go on and argue my case, I don't think I'd be accomplishing anything. This is getting tiring, so I think i can confidently step out of this. Good luck in your attempt of resolving this issue, if you can even call it that. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
              Yes Adam, this is ridiculous! CFC officials should be doing something and not spending countless hours on chesstalk defending why they discriminate
              talented juniors in Canada, country where they suppose to encourage instead.

Also, you forgot to mention that Mr. Plotkin thinks that he thinks that some of us are idiots. It is wrong of Mr. Plotkin it is pathetic for decent human beings to do so.

And my student got her WCM at the age of 8, so I fail to see your point Adam. Mr. Plotkin thinks that once he got his title in Canadian Closed (tournament where is it not that easy to that hard to do), he can call others idiots? Who gave him that right exactly?
              They were not discriminating, the player disobeyed the rules set out by the officials and was not allowed to go to the tournament because of it, I'm sure she would have been an excellent addition to the team as previously stated but she accepted before entering that other tournament that this would not be allowed and trying to back-pedal on that original agreement is dishonest.

I agree that calling others idiots is harsh if he actually did do that and should have used a different way to express himself.

WCM does not equal FM, and shouldn't even be a title, it's basically another way of saying approximately A-class to expert strength. Trying to compare those titles is like comparing a B-class player to an NM, as in there is no link between them.
              University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

You should first check Mark’s result against my student. I believe it is 2-0! Mark should try drawing him in real serious time control game first and not some 3+2 sec/ garbage. He also has 2.5/3 against David Itkin (son of your friend Victor Itkin) in slow serious game as well. David Itkin is 2011 Toronto Junior Champion, who finished ahead of 2nd Mike Ivanov and 3rd Michael Song.

My student Dora is also higher then Mark, when he was in grade 5. Her rating in winter 2011 is 1599 and Mark’s as of Winter of 2008 was only 1466. She also already has WCM title, which she won in 2009 at North American Championship. Mr. Anna wanted to get WCM title, but our pal, Mr. Barron (CFC Youth coordinator at that time) thought it was irrelevant and meaningless for her. I can't belive CFC Youth coodrinator would say such a thing. If, it wasn’t for him, she would have had WCM title in 2 years ago! I wonder what was Mr. Barron thinking on this one? By any cahnce, does your son or your daughter got any titles at this time?

Also, my other student Richard who is in grade 5 is already at 1761, when Mark was at 1466.

These results speak for themselves!

Comment

So why did they pass new motion? It had nothing to do with organizing, only to back at Pan-American organizers and hijack opportunities from participating at World event.

I would not be bringing this critical issue up, if this happened at some random weekend tournament or some rated get together event.

For your information I was also organizer of 2011 Canadian Junior, helped to organize 2011 Hamilton Winter Open with GM Wesley So (who excepted my invitation) and 2011 Ontario Open.
                  Christopher Mallon
                  FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Many people who got attacked by Egorov decided to dissappear from this site and actually surrender to his aggression. May be it's a smart decision for them, but Egorov can easily find other victims. Now he attacks me and Mark, but I am pretty sure he will choose other persons pretty soon.

Even if I stop responsing now there is no guarantee Egorov will leave us alone. Most likely, not. So what should I do? I will try to fight.

First my replies to other posts in this thread.

1. Bob Armstrong writes

Hi Victor & Mikhail:

It is only my opinion, but I think you would do better to leave the juniors out of whatever dispute you two have.

I really understand and appreciate your intentions, Bob. But why did you include me in this company (with Egorov)? Did I post here something against any of Canadian juniors? Did I attacked them personally? Did I write something negative about any of Egorov's kids or students?

2. Zachary Dukic posts "I understand that Mr. Plotkin was the first one that got Mark involved".

Mark and me both appreciate your support, Zachary. However this conclusion is just wrong. Why did you believe to Egorov? He is a professional liar. From the beginning of our discussion here he wanted to get Mark involved, not me. I can proof it very easily.

3. Adam Cormier posts "I agree that calling others idiots is harsh if he actually did do that and should have used a different way to express himself".

Thank you for good words about Mark and myself. Please don't overestimate my FM title. Title without a real strength is almost nothing. I am not a 2300+ FIDE-rated played.

Now about idiots... I never called Egorov an idiot. My proposal to Egorov to play friendly blitz match was to prevent this scenario and using this kind of words. Again, I never characterized Egorov as an idiot.

4. And now our hero is coming... Egorov...

I just want to mention some of your sentences you wrote yesterday.

a." I would not have included Mark, if Mr. Plotkin did not insist on this in his original post. He was way to persistent".

Wrong... And you know it. You are just a liar.

b. "Mr. Plotkin thinks that some of us are idiots".

Wrong. Why do you know it? What is the source of your opinion?

If you want to continue fighting here against me stop posting here about my son and please stop lying.

Comment

Just want to remind to Egorov and chesstalkers the beginning of this conflict.

I posted here (about 1 month ago)

"Interesting, after next WYCC-2012 we will still see discussion about Dora between M. Egorov and R. Gillanders??? "

I got 2 replies to my post.

1. From Jin Daxin "You have no such Authority to mention my daughter's name, so better shut up! "

Very polite and smart...

2. From Egorov "Since now you are getting involved, maybe we can see yourself and Mark getting involved as well??? ".

That's about the question: who mentioned my son first...

Comment

I also would like to remind to Plotkin and chesstalkers the beginning of few facts.

It all started in January 2011....

We all know, that you are close friend of Mr. Itkin, and Mr. Barron. We all know what happened with CYCC and WYCC and who caused all the mess!

Plotkin does have a right to defend your friends, but it does not give him right to call other people 'idiots'. Just because he finally managed after all this years managed to get FM title at Canadian Closed, does not give him this right.

Plotkin should realize that he is not governing authority.

When was a last time did Mr. Plotkin organized big weekend CFC event.
                        Did he ever voluntarily donated any money to CFC Youth fund?

Mrs. Jin Daxin organized very successful CYCC in 2011, that brought in $40,000. I would like to see, if you can organize an event that will not bring $40,000 (it might be an impossible task for you), but say $3000.00. After you do that, maybe there will be something to talk about.

Also, I would like to remind Plotkin, that it was very wrong getting his son involved into this. Others are getting very upset, because of his actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
                          Many people who got attacked by Egorov decided to dissappear from this site and actually surrender to his aggression. May be it's a smart decision for them, but Egorov can easily find other victims. Now he attacks me and Mark, but I am pretty sure he will choose other persons pretty soon.

Even if I stop responsing now there is no guarantee Egorov will leave us alone. Most likely, not. So what should I do? I will try to fight.

First my replies to other posts in this thread.

1. Bob Armstrong writes

Hi Victor & Mikhail:

It is only my opinion, but I think you would do better to leave the juniors out of whatever dispute you two have.

I really understand and appreciate your intentions, Bob. But why did you include me in this company (with Egorov)? Did I post here something against any of Canadian juniors? Did I attacked them personally? Did I write something negative about any of Egorov's kids or students?

2. Zachary Dukic posts "I understand that Mr. Plotkin was the first one that got Mark involved".

Mark and me both appreciate your support, Zachary. However this conclusion is just wrong. Why did you believe to Egorov? He is a professional liar. From the beginning of our discussion here he wanted to get Mark involved, not me. I can proof it very easily.

3. Adam Cormier posts "I agree that calling others idiots is harsh if he actually did do that and should have used a different way to express himself".

Thank you for good words about Mark and myself. Please don't overestimate my FM title. Title without a real strength is almost nothing. I am not a 2300+ FIDE-rated played.

Now about idiots... I never called Egorov an idiot. My proposal to Egorov to play friendly blitz match was to prevent this scenario and using this kind of words. Again, I never characterized Egorov as an idiot.

4. And now our hero is coming... Egorov...

I just want to mention some of your sentences you wrote yesterday.

a." I would not have included Mark, if Mr. Plotkin did not insist on this in his original post. He was way to persistent".

Wrong... And you know it. You are just a liar.

b. "Mr. Plotkin thinks that some of us are idiots".

Wrong. Why do you know it? What is the source of your opinion?

If you want to continue fighting here against me stop posting here about my son and please stop lying.
                          I did not have time to respond with my essay

I will make this sweet and short for Plotkin.

1. First Plotkin called me an idiot. So if I am such an idiot, and some of my students beat his son head-to-head and others outperform performance wise, what does it Mr. Plotkin. An angel? This is ridicolous.

2. So now Mr. Plotkin increasing his attacks. Not only he calls others idiots he now calls them liars as well. Mr. Plotkin keeps insulting others and does not know when to stop. Probably his new title is getting better of him. This is very sad. He was more quieter with the title.

3. $10.000 for 3min+2sec match Why does Mr. Plotkin tries to make mockery out of chess in Canada? Chess in Canada is already damaged as it is. We do not need people like Plotkin to remind us of that. If, he has that kind of money, then he should donate it to CFC Youth Fund. Show your loyalty to CFC and its members. We understand that $10,000 is not as much as $40,000, that Mr. Jin brought to CFC Youth fund, but it is a start.

I would like to suggest to Mr. Plotkin, that he should stop posting pointless posts or stupid challenges, and really concentrate on helping our youth.

Plotkin should put his money where his mouth is, support CFC Youth fund and do something positive for change!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Cormier View Post
                            T
                            WCM does not equal FM, and shouldn't even be a title, it's basically another way of saying approximately A-class to expert strength. Trying to compare those titles is like comparing a B-class player to an NM, as in there is no link between them.
                            And you don't call this discrimination, Adam. Yes you are an A-class player. WCM is FIDE approved title, and she earned it by tying for 1st in 2009 North American Championship and not some local weekender tournanent and she was only 8 at that time!

Did you have a title when you were 8 years old?

What is NM title anyways? Is it approved by FIDE? Last time I checked it was not!

Comment

that Mr. Jin brought to CFC Youth fund, but it is a start.
                              M.E., WTF do you smoke these days? You was quite normal during the weekend. :D
                              Mr. Jin did not bring those monies alone. About 200 parents, including Mr.Plotkin, brought piece by piece to the prize fund . Mr. Itkin even helped to count them :p
                              Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Friday, 23rd December, 2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

E.Z. dubiously you are not a happy camper. FYI information I do not smoke at all?

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                                You was quite normal during the weekend. :D
                                Same thing I can say about you. :D

I suggest before you use swear and defend someone, you should know both sides of the story first, and not just one side.

Yes I know about the parents only. They did help a lot to Mr. Jin.

Mr.Plotkin, brought piece by piece to the prize fund . Mr. Itkin even helped to count them :p
                                First Mr. Jin rented piceces FYI. I was there when she received them, and brought them into her car. I did not see Plotkin there at all! She made all contacts, since she was a chief organizers. Perhaps you are smoking something my friend, or you just blindly believe what Plotkin and Itkin told you. The only thing I seen Mr. Plotkin do is complain to Mr. Jin at 2011 OYCC, is that the website is bad and it is a real 'mess'. We all know how successful CYCC was after that comment by Mr. Plotkin.I didn't hear any positive thing Mr. Plotkin say about CYCC yet! This is real B.S..

WTF do you smoke these days?
                                Holidays are coming and you say things like that. It is a real pity.
                                Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Friday, 23rd December, 2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X